DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17
Star    
Monday's Dinner, 4/17/17??

What's for dinner today??

No clue here yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I have a taste for Italian food. So what else is new??? Big Grin So, I'm making a meat sauce to put over spaghetti squash for myself and regular spaghetti for Ron. I like roasted veggies with Italian food more than a salad, so will cut up a zuke, some onions, and red pepper to go into the oven for a side.

No breakfast today, but for lunch I will have my own version of a Mexican salad. That is chopped iceberg and romaine, topped with green onions, jarred salsa, 2 T. of guacamole and 1 T. of sour cream. Since I don't have any meat to crumble on top, I'll put a sprinkling of shredded cheddar or a couple spoonfuls of beans.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tony is turning some leftover grilled tri tip into chili.  

I think we may be having bunless burgers for lunch.
Morphed a portion of my N. African stew into a delicious frittata along with roasted cauliflower.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tonight it's that thai shrimp bisque from Celebrate The Rain.
Tuesday's Dinner, 4/18/17??

What's for dinner today??

We have to eat out of the freezer for a few days - I've been filling it up again! Blush
www.achefsjourney.com
Damnation – I’ll be so glad when you two reach your Bikini-Clad-Weight-Class!!!! I can’t post pictures of this food when I know I’m just tempting you!! Hurry up!!! ;P
www.achefsjourney.com
So... Nothing white? Cauliflower? Milk? Fish? Chicken? Eggs?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Decided to cook that little half leg of lamb that's been hanging around, nothing fancy, the usual garlic, rosemary and orange.  and lots of haricorts verts because I love them! Had a little Rodney Strong leftover from the Easter Prime rib and it goes well. Would love mashed, but.....summer's coming.  Would rather drink the calories Blush
PJ
So nice to see you Patti-Jo! Miss you!

Labs, all those foods are fine, except maybe the milk. The whole idea is just to avoid or eat less of the starchy stuff.

Dinner tonight was "small plates" of l/os. Had some spaghetti squash with some Italian sausage with sauteed red pepper and onions. (Ron had a sandwich) Alyssa spent the night last night and stayed with me all day today. I gave her some l/o ham and sweet potatoes for dinner and an Oreo Klondike bar that she wanted when we went to the store.

Jean, please do not stop posting your wonderful pics! It won't affect me or tempt me in any way. I do not feel deprived at all right now, and if I start to cave in, I'll just switch to counting calories and all your pictures will give me healthy meal ideas because they look a lot like the 400 calorie meals we talked about a few years ago. I'm going to be at this a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."