DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Lookin' good - too bad about the head, tho. I'm still of the spit method, but this one looks very tasty! 

We had an outstanding dinner today!! 

Sous Vide Salmon on a bed of Butter-Lemony Cauliflower Puree and Black Bean & Corn Fiesta salad – the taste combinations of the three components hit you with creaminess, crunchy and sensuous  at one time.  We had a Barefoot Muscat and it was a nice compliment to the flavor.
[Image: apr%2028%20005_zps082bqmu6.jpg]

Especially loved the flavors of the puree with Salmon. Any ideas what to use the puree with? I have some leftovers and it is so darn good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 4/30/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I'm hoping I have everything for good old fashioned tacos....sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tacos sound good!  I haven't decided yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Don't know about dinner just yet. Ron is working on bacon and eggs for brunch at the moment.

Jean, your salmon dish looks like something in a magazine. You sure are getting good at food pics. The food looks scrumptious. You mentioned sous vide, so I'm guessing that you browned the salmon after it was done?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
thanks. that darn dish tasted as good as it looked!!
Yes, I did sear the skin side for crispiness, but not the 2nd side. 120° for 40 min., but left it for about 50 min. beautifully done.
I think I'm as impressed with the sous vide as you are with the IP Smile Smile

Tacos for another day. Decided to make burger patties with a Caviar sauce over the remaining Cauliflower puree (which is begetting another dish for tomorrow to use up the caviar.......... Confused  )  Eatin' high off the hog for  a couple days.
www.achefsjourney.com
Caviar?!?!   Tongue  Ooh-la-la!

Earl was down at the picnic area cleaning the grill, so William went and raided the refrigerator.  YUM!

Still no decision for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Love the puree idea.

Tony's making a meatloaf and I'm making this new-to-me cauliflower dish.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ter-236506
Trixxee, you had me at 'mustard-lemon' - Note made I guess I'm confused - 3/4 stick of butter is better for you than carbs???? Tongue Do you use the entire amount?

Leftovers begat leftovers begat leftovers….(or is it ‘beget’??  Confused ) I had l/o cauliflower puree to adorn another dish for today’s dinner and solved the problem with a beef patty and Caviar Sauce with asparagus. Now, I have l/o caviar to play with tomorrow…………. Pinot Gris was wonderful with the Caviar, beef and the puree. Another winner.     

[Image: Apr%2030%20Beef%20Patty%20w%20Caviar%20S...myrgls.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
I haven't made it yet - waiting on the meatloaf, but no, I wouldn't use that much butter for anything.  LOL.  Just like I don't use as much oil for that recipes call for.

But as far as carbs go, there is not much nutritional value in things like rice, pasta, white potatoes, white bread, tortillas,  and it all turns into sugar in your body.  Butter does not turn into sugar, but as with everything you have to balance it - moderation.  Wink
It really is ridiculous the amount of butter/fat some folks invariably add to their recipes.

Time to put April 2017 to bed. The month sure went fast!!
www.achefsjourney.com