DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Finally decided to use up the huge Russet for a Twice baked tato with some of the chuck roast and it was very tasty! Also, had the hugest artichoke I think I've ever done - IPd it for 10 minutes and it was nice, but could have used another couple minutes. Either smaller next time or more time....
[Image: Apr%2026%20Twice%20B.%20Tato%20artichoke...zpn63q.jpg]

Trixxee - is the Kentucky Derby next weekend???? I'm not seeing it anywhere....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Why do you think you woke up hungry this a.m. Trixxee? Is it because a bowl of soup wasn't filling enough for dinner? Was there something with a higher carb count in the soup?

Change of menu here. Ron wanted hotdogs and potato salad. So, I made Jean's recipe for cauliflower salad (only about 1/3 of it though) and it was a hit. Ron said it was about the best potato substitute dish we've had so far. I thought it was good, although probably not as good as the original recipe because I left out the sugar.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'll have to try that Sub for potato salad!

While that stuffed baked potato looks delicious, I'm agog at the size of that artichoke!

Trixxe, I hope the steaks were great! 

Maryann, we wanted to grill tonight also.  With the longer days, we are falling into the habit of working late.  I have recently been forced to buy St. Louis Ribs instead of Baby Backs, and I've learned William is more favorable to that cut.  So when I threw that out for dinner, I was thrilled he jumped on it.  Corn on they cob on the side...long way from salads today, but desperate times and desperate measures and all that! Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 4/27/17??

What's on for dinner today?? 

I'm still up in the air around here. Arranging things in the pantry, I saw a couple Christmas presents that I have not even had out of the boxes yet, so maybe I ought to concentrate on at least using them once...........a couple are those "....as seen on TV....."  Smile Smile

Hmmm, chicken wings are calling my name.............have whole lot in freezer. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, that sounds like fun! Do tell!

Today, we will be doing the beer can chicken that didn't get done yesterday. I have snow peas to use, so they will get stir-fried with garlic and soy sauce. We have the rest of the cauliflower salad to use also.
Maryann

I woke up hungry today too!  Should not have had that last glass of wine - that's probably what did it.  

This popped up on Noble Pig this morning and I had already been thinking about doing a stir fry anyway.  I will not use peppers though - so burnt out on them.  Will use yellow squash or something else for color.  I also have some cut pineapple I may throw in there too.

http://diethood.com/sheet-pan-chicken-stir-fry/
Back to the drawing board.  Tony is going out of asian food for lunch so I'll keep this idea for another day.  Instead it's Maryann's birthday burritos without the burrito.  LOL.  I'll just make a big salad with all the ingredients and pass on the tortilla.
Best laid plans and all that, Trixxee............. Smile

God, I love this peanut sauce!! Pigged out on wings today along with more of the Cauliflower salad and a fruit platter.
[Image: Apr%2027%20Peanut%20Chicken%20wings%20Ca...x98l9g.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Looks yummy, Jean. I noticed that the flavor really went through the cauliflower salad, so it was even better today.

Trixxee, have you tried any of the low carb tortillas that are out there. We have them at Giant Eagle and I think Mission brand makes them too.

Today, I finally made "cloud bread." It turned out very pretty, but I have not tried it yet. I read that it firms up and tastes more like bread after being refrigerated, so I'll use it tomorrow for a chicken salad sandwich, and will report back if it's worth making it or not. It's actually very easy and only took a few minutes to mix.
Maryann

Jean, I have got to try that salad!

I picked up a frozen lasagna (trying a new kind that claims to have no preservatives.  The ingredient list was pretty short and straight forward.  We shall see.  Well start with a big Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.