DINNER THREAD, 5/1/17 - 5/7/17
Question    
Monday's Dinner - 5/1/17??

New month - new week. Smile What's for dinner?? 

I think I'm going to be able to finish up my progressive leftovers today. Making a favorite that I usually keep for special, but need to use the caviar. Ina Garten's Lemon Capellini w Caviar and Garlic bread. Maybe some fruit
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 5/1/17 - 5/7/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=small]Mo...)
We are having leftovers for lunch (meatloaf & cauliflower) and tilapia and asparagus for dinner.
(05-01-2017, 07:42 AM)cjs Wrote: ...  progressive leftovers... 

That's just begging for a political joke, but I'll refrain.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Jean, that capellini dish is certainly calling my name. First time in over two weeks that I am missing pasta. I am putting that dish on my list of "reward meals" after I lose a bit more. Down 6 pounds in 2 weeks.

Dinner tonight is a small pork shoulder roast that was vacuum sealed in a mesquite rub. The recommended instructions said to put it in a slow cooker for 4 hours on high. I just checked it and it's pretty tasty and not sweet so will be fine for me. We also have 2 pieces of corn to put on the grill, fresh broccoli, and some fresh strawberries.

Trixxee, check your PM's. I have a non-food question.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Fake News, Labs..................... Tongue  

Lemon/Garlic Linguine with Caviar and Garlic Bread (made with Feta)- took care of my l/o caviar (darn L). Such an easy dish to put together -  in and out of the kitchen in no time.
[Image: May%201%20Lemon%20Linguine%20w%20caviar_zps1ymgbm8s.jpg]

Now, I just have 1 1/2 cups heavy cream to use up and truly all the l/os are done. Maybe I'll  just freeze it - we have been eating such rich food, I'm ready for something really low-key for a couple of days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yum Jean!

Hopefully I was of some help MA.  It worked for us.
Absolutely helped, Trixxee! Thank you! Wink

For anyone who might now be curious, Trixxee is helping me study Shakespeare. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Of course we are............trying to mind our own businesses...... Tongue  Wink

That's interesting - I remember plowing thru a little in Lit classes, but did not know there was/is a method.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner, 5/2/17??

What's for dinner?? 

I'm thinking a Frittata to use up the Lemon-Garlic Linguine.
www.achefsjourney.com
Welcome Maryann!  Ha - the method Jean is to read No Fear Shakespeare for whatever book it is you are reading.  It's basically an interpreted version in what I call american english.    Saved us for Taming of the Shrew.

Tonight it's chicken piccata and an iceberg salad with some goodies in it- frizzled proscuitto and croutons.