DINNER THREAD, 5/1/17 - 5/7/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 5/1/17 - 5/7/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=small]Mo...)
Friday's (Cinco de Mayo!!) Dinner, 5/5/17??

[Image: thWPOD416U_zps0p0udr4m.jpg]

Time to celebrate Mexican food!!

We're having Chicken & Cheese Flautas and Mexican Rice. And, our later snack will be Mini Tostados and Frozen Mango Margaritas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sounds good! Have fun, Jean.

We had our Mexican style meal last night since my brother and sister-in-law will be coming in from Florida this afternoon to help celebrate our dad's 90th birthday!

Dinner tonight is at our house. We have two meats on the menu. My sister is bringing a bourbon and brown sugar marinated pork tenderloin and Ron will be grilling a few marinated chicken breasts. This morning, I started 2 loaves of babka, which is a Polish sweet bread with white raisins that my dad grew up eating and loves. Also on the menu is rice pilaf and a medley of fresh vegetables that I will roast in the oven. For dessert, we will have angel food cake with strawberries, pizzelles, raw almonds (for me) and an espresso for my brother and me. Oh, and wine, of course! UPS delivered 6 bottles yesterday, courtesy of Joe and Rena! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
The dinner sounds good, Maryann.

Cinco de Mayo was a definite hit - especially the Mini Tostadas, they will be added to the 'later snack' ideas, for sure. The Mango Margarita ran a close second. Photobucket is acting up or I'd post a picture of the little goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 5/6/17??

Plenty of l/os here for today and watching the Kentucky Derby and dream of being with Bill & Jane and their dinner party!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Saw your pix on FB, Jean for Cinco de Mayo. Looks like you had a festive menu all day long. What fun!

Tonight is my dad's birthday party at J-Bella, a nice family owned restaurant with good Italian food. http://www.buccis.net/j_bella.html

After dinner, everyone is coming to our house for birthday cake and assorted other desserts.
Maryann

I saw it too, Jean!  It looked delicious!  I'd love to be at Bill and Jane's also!!!!  But watching the Derby with a glass of wine.  

Have fun tonight and tomorrow, Maryann!  And Happy Birthday to Dad!

We were supposed to have steak night last night, but I had another busy day and late lunch, so I decided to save them for tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday dinner, 5/7/17??

What's for dinner today? 

Have no idea here, yet.
www.achefsjourney.com
Day 3 of the weekend party. Today is Tommy's first communion party. My son-in-law got the smoker going early this morning with a brisket and ribs. Not sure what else they are serving. I'm working on a fresh fruit salad and a dessert tray to take over.
Maryann

What a wonderful, yet busy, weekend you've had, Maryann!

We wanted to grill, so William asked for a list.  So I listed every protein I could think of that we could possibly cook on the grill.  Wings got the biggest notice, so I suggested the Skewered Citrus Wings.  That and another Caesar Salad were dinner tonight.  I wish I had gone a with different salad, but overall, it was a yummy meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.