DINNER THREAD, 5/8/17 - 5/14/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 5/8/17 - 5/14/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Wednesday's Dinner, 5/10/17??

What's for dinner today? I'm bored with the freezer, so have to go searching for something fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are doing breakfast for dinner tonight; sausage patties, eggs, and fried potatoes for Ron. Sausage patty and a vegetable omelet for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm trying this new recipe tonight.  Blane gave me the inspiration with a beautiful pork chop dish he and CA made last week but I'll have to save that one for a day when I have bone in pork chops.   And instead of cauliflower rice I found a frozen medley of riced cauliflower AND sweet potatoes.  I think Bird's Eye is the brand.  

http://www.fivehearthome.com/2014/06/14/...oom-gravy/
That pork dish sound very good, Trixxee!

I'm going with Peanut sauced chix wings and a zucc & bean salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 5/11/17??

What's for dinner today??

We have running around to do, so may look for some place to have fish tacos out.
www.achefsjourney.com
Going out with my girls tonight. All this eating out sure is tricky while trying to low carb, although I have done surprisingly well considering our party weekend.

I'm thinking about having a spinach salad and either mussels or scallops tonight. Oh, and a glass or two of wine. Wink
Maryann

Have fun!
www.achefsjourney.com
Have fun!

I am making zuppa toscana soup for the first time but am going cut the potatoes in half and supplement with cauliflower to keep the carb count down a little bit.
Oh, you are going to love zuppa! We do, anyway. Wink

I love the idea of using 1/2 cauliflower to help cut the carbs. It works pretty well even with using all cauliflower, but some potatoes would be better. BTW, don't know if you have ever used frozen hash brown potatoes, but they work really well in this type of soup and in clam chowder. It saves time when you can just measure out a cup or two.

There is a recipe for clam chowder that uses diced turnips in place of potatoes and that is suppose to be lower carb.
Maryann

Trixxe, the recipe I use has no potatoes.   It has a whole head of cauliflower instead.

We worked until,eight the last two nights, so ordered pizza the first night and tried a Bertolli frozen pasta dish last night.  The Bertolli dinner was pretty darn good.  I'll do it again in a pinch!

Tonight was grilled chicken with Basil Pesto Pasta.  Long day to go to Duke for William's check up.  He has now been released for a year instead of every six months.   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.