DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Trying this new recipe - need something for the slow cooker today as we have to pick up and try on Michael's tuxedo for the prom right around the time I'd be cooking dinner.  Going to serve it with diced roasted sweet potatoes with lime and cilantro.

http://bellyfull.net/2016/03/17/slow-cooker-cuban-pork/
Well now, this one is copied!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Copied and saved! We love pork recipes and that one sounds good. I might use the l/os for a taco salad, minus the taco.

So, they finally finished the Walmart Supercenter up the street from me and I went to check it out today. It was kind of fun because they had so many different products that aren't in our other stores. Their produce looked surprisingly nice, but then it's all fresh right now. And, I absolutely LOVE the big wide aisles!

Anyway, I was able to get what I needed to do my birthday dinner, so that's on for tonight. Can't wait. No diet tonight! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Enjoy it all, Maryann!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's been a busy week!  We had taco salad last night.  And after a pretty physical day today crawling under decks and slugging through deep sand, I decided another frozen lasagna was okay with me.  But to be honest, it was a great day!  Not everybody has an office like this!

[Image: IMG_0810.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0812.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Just to be clear, we really were working!  LOL!  William taking a shot of me holding a tape measure under the deck for an elevation shot.

[Image: IMG_0816.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0817.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Yeah, your work day looks pretty good to me, Daphne. Looks like it's agreeing with you, too! Smile

Oh my, the beach is calling me....
Maryann

Me, too, Maryann!! Just beautiful!
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. DINNER, 5/19/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

Have to think on this a little...
www.achefsjourney.com
I have some chicken l/o from my birthday dinner that will be the topping for a taco salad. I will be using the tortilla molds that Daphne sent me several years ago (and I still love them!) to make the bowl. Then I will layer in the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black olives, chicken, a little shredded cheddar, salsa, a spoonful of guacamole and a spoonful of sour cream.

Update on the low carb diet...I lost 8 lbs. this month and that was with a lot of parties and drinking. But, I feel like I've stalled and am losing my resolve, so am now switching to counting calories for a while. Now, if I can just get as motivated as Trixxee with the walking!
Maryann