DINNER THREAD - 5/22/17 - 5/28/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/22/17 - 5/28/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thursday's Dinner, 5/25/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I have a bag of Butternut soup in the freezer which  think I'll doctor up a little so Roy thinks he's really getting a dinner. Blush  Maybe a grilled cheese for him.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have no idea. Butternut squash soup sounds delicious. Time to get out my past issues of Cuisine and make a new list of recipes to try.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Gosh, butternut squash soup does sound very good on this very gloomy May Gray day.  Not feeling the cooking vibe today so it may be french toast and sausage.
We have so much work the stress has been crowding out any desire to cook.  I want something with little no prep...put it on and let it cook while I relax kinda thing.

Tonight was BBQ Chicken with corn on the cob and broccoli and cheese.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/26/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I had a health issue this week, so I'm aiming for very low-sodium eating for a while. Making a Chicken Rice Noodle Casserole with a fruit platter and asparagus (asparagus if Roy can get in & out of the store before the mobs set in! Smile   ) 

Hope everyone has a fun, relaxing, sun-shiny holiday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are having l/o white chili, all dressed up to give it some flavor.

Alyssa spent the night, so we are going to a matinee to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid, then baking cookies when we get back. Somehow I have to keep out of the cookie dough! Big Grin
Maryann

Good luck with that! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Hope you are feeling tip top ASAP, Jean.

I am totally up in the air.  No ideas, no inspiration.  I guess I'll go wander around the grocery store and see if anything jumps out at me.
Well, we never got around to the cookies today. By the time we got out of the matinee and lunch, I had to drop Alyssa off at home so she could go out to their camp with her mom and I had to pick up a few things at the store. Guess I'll either bake tonight or in the morning.

My Cuisinart blade FINALLY arrived!
Maryann

Saturday's Dinner, 5/27/17??

What's for dinner today?

The chicken/pasta casserole I made for yesterday made a big one and it didn't have enough sauce, so by the time I make more sauce to add to it, I'll have casserole to freeze!! So, leftovers here today. 

I have a pkg. in the fridge (for the last 3 days) from Tracie Lee which I'm having a hard time staying out of, but I'll open it early today to be able to plan something for tomorrow with it. And, another present came yesterday which we had to sign for and it looks tall enough for wine bottles...............................  Cool Big Grin
www.achefsjourney.com