DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Hi, Sharon!!!!

It has been crazy around here the past few days!  I've had all kinds of technical issues!!!  Including my iPad not connecting last night.  But thank goodness for great tech support for the software and instrument we use for work.  And in spite of a lot of time lost dealing with these issues, we still knocked out a good amount of work this week.  Poor William is so worn out, he slept in this morning and decided not to work today.  That's a first!

We are having steak night tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, happy to say I'm not the least sorry I had to rethink my dinner!!! What a winner the zucchini turned out to be. I've even written up the recipe already - I'll share it later.

Good for you guys - a day off
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hi Daphne!   We slept in today - 8:00ish!  Usually we're up at 5am so it was wonderful. Then the Farmer's market, lunch, a bit of shopping and 5 HUGE loads of laundry at the laundramat.   Kind of a chore day.  

How's the new puppy?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sunday Dinner, 6/4/17??

What's for dinner today??

Finally got 2 batches of pizza dough in the freezer yesterday, so maybe.............. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Today is our run for the border, Costco, Cash & Carry and whatever else we need.   We picked up some gluten free Abruzzi style meatballs yesterday that I'll pop in the pizza oven when we get home.   I've got a bottle of some very good sauce and will cook up some gluten free pasta.  We have stuff for a great salad to go with.  I could also make meatball subs - Bob has mentioned wanting those (darn D.D. & D. - just had to show a place with meatball subs!).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
O.K. Back on track - twice baked taters & the old broccoli salad.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony's making a batch of meatballs and sauce.  Michael will have pasta with his.  I'll skip it.  Also have some asparagus to make.

Heading to Costco in a little bit too.  The $300 store.  Wink
You know, I haven't been to Costco for a little while because Sam's is so much close to my house. I was wondering if Costco has "scan and go" yet? OMG! I love it!!!! You need the app on your phone, and you do have to sign up and register a credit card. But after that very quick procedure...scan and go!

We use a convoluted password, so we open it just before we head out the door to go shopping. Once in the store, all you do is scan the UPC on each item you are buying, then hit the checkout button and walk to the door. The scanner people at the door scan the receipt on your phone and off you go. NO LINE! Big Grin

We have a beer can chicken cooking on the charcoal grill with a little bit of smoke. I made an antipasta salad for a side and Ron may want a baked potato.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I have not even heard of that, Maryann - but, with our phones, couldn't use it anyway.... Tongue
Sounds so easy!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Good to know, Maryann!

Tilly is doing good!  We are working on not gnawing on Mommy and Daddy.  Today was better.

It was so great to have a quiet day today.  I really needed it!  William took the whole day off yesterday while I did laundry.  Today he went in to get a map ready for me to finish tomorrow while I relaxed and got in some reading.

I had planned to make the chicken linguine with candied cherry tomatoes and goat cheese, but William was not onto it.  He chose ribs and green beans so I wouldn't have to work too hard....sweet man!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.