DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thanks Maryann - sounds delicious!

Making this salad tonight since I have everything on hand.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-taco-salad/

Still not sure why PW has to post 75 pictures per recipe.  Why does it irritate me?  Wink
You're welcome! The PW recipe sounds good, too. It kind of annoys me that she takes so many photos of the preparation because most of the time I just want to see the recipe.

Dinner tonight will be grilled salmon, brown rice and asparagus.

Sharon, it's nice to "see" you! Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Welcome back, Sharon! Good to have you back in the fold. Sounds like we all need a good Caesar salad!!

I ended up taking chicken noodle casserole out of the freezer for dinner along with Brussels sprouts.

My biggest bit*h abut blog recipes is why oh why do the bloggers think they need to take 50 pictures of each dish - some have no difference than maybe a salt shaker is missing............WTH? If there are intricate steps, then yes, those can be helpful to newer cooks, but.... Tongue

I think I'm doing salmon tomorrow.........following your lead, Maryann. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by cjs (Welcome back, Sharon...)
Thank you Jean! I agree about the bloggers - jeezuz! Well I had to work overtime, tonight is . . . wait for it . . . sous vide biscuits and eggs. Stir fry tomorrow!
Saturday's Dinner, 6/3/17??

What's for dinner? 

I'm doing Sous Vide salmon and a Pasta Alfredo using avocado for the creaminess.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
So how to you sous vide eggs and biscuits? Does it turn out like a quiche?

Jean, I saw that pasta recipe and thought it sounded interesting. Anxious to hear what you think.

Dinner tonight...don't really know yet. Ron is at his union contract meeting (once every 3 years) so dinner may depend on if they are on strike when he comes home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Wow - haven't heard the words 'on strike' for years!!! I remember those days! Thank God every place I worked when the guys were on strike, they stayed local and we knew each other, so never felt threatened.

Funny side - Roy is & has always been anti-union....my mother who worked for a trucking company as I was growing up, always said, '...the unions raised my girls' Smile She couldn't have done it without them. And...you should have heard those two go round and round. Smile

Good luck, Ron!
www.achefsjourney.com
LOL Maryann!  The biscuits are done in jars in the sous vide.  The beef bacon was done in the microwave and crisped in a pan and the omelets were done in a pan. If I had thought about it earlier I could have done "egg bites" in the sous vide.  Alas my plan for dinner didn't include them.  

Tonight will be the stir fry!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Filet mignon and lemon butter green beans.
Well, piddle, back to the drawing board....the avocados are hard as rocks, so will have to ripen. Back up is baked zucc with some kind of topping with the salmon.
www.achefsjourney.com