DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
A new Romanian restaurant/butcher shop opened in town and Tony went over there today for lunch.  He has brisket.  Said it was great.  He brought home some type of chicken & mushroom entree with a sauce on it for dinner so I just need to come up with a vegetable.  Carrots it will be if I don't get to the grocery store.
Freezer pickings today - the last of the Chicken Noodle Casserole. Did get two batches of pizza sauce made, so now I'm all set. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 6/10/17??

What's for dinner?? 

I found a recipe for a dish I made and liked (5 yrs. ago Smile  ) -  Asian Inspired Pork Tenderloin and a couscous salad with zucc and roasted almonds. Since rain could happen, I think I'll sous vide the pork and finish off on the grill (if I can) or the broiler.    
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going out with friends tonight to a local bar/restaurant, then down to the lake to see the new "beach house" at Edgewater Park. So no cooking for me.

I'm so excited about my little garden. Ron finally got the rototiller running and got the ground ready for plants. Going to the nursery today for a few goodies. I will have to buy more mature plants at this point since it's already a bit late for planting. But, at least I will get a few tomato plants and hoping to find some pattypan squash. We had those a few years back and they were really tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
That is so funny you mentioned patty pan squash.  Yesterday when I was looking for a vegetable I wound up with yellow squash and realized that I haven't seen any patty pan squash in several years at the store.

We are having fish tacos.  I have a piece of mahi mahi and a piece of tilapia to use.  I'll make a cilantro slaw and chipotle lime crema sauce to go with them.
Late for me too - hopefully we'll both be successful to a certain extent, Maryann. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Belmont Stakes is on today!  And Mike Smith is on fire.  He has won 4 races so far today.  Since the jockey only gets 10% of the purse, he still has made himself $126,000 in three hours today.  LOL.
Not a bad take in three hours!  LOL!

My internet is being weird...not working.  I finally figured out it wasn't my iPad today.  So I turned off wifi until I can reset it.

Steak night tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, he just won another race so is adding $72,000 to his paycheck today.  And he still has 3 more mounts, including one in the Belmont.  Unbelievable.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17 by cjs (Late for me too - ho...)
Our garden is going in late too.  Weather has sucked and Bob's hip has been bothering.  We got the last of our plants today and hopefully tomorrow we'll get everything in the ground & pots.  Tonight is going to be a take on Mochiko Chicken - I'll sous vide to rare and then quick fry.  Probably rice ramen and a chopped salad.

We went to the Farmer's market today and got some beautiful asparagus and some grass fed organic beef skirt steak.  He also had bone marrow so I grabbed some.  I am really looking forward to the food for this next week!