Dinner Thread, 6/12/17 - 6/18/17
  Re: Dinner Thread, 6/12/17 - 6/18/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
So sad, Jean!  But I'm glad you aren't completely giving up your nomadic lifestyle.

Sharon your dinner sounds spectacular!

We are having Erin's Pasta Cobb Salad tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 6/14/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I'd planned on making tuna patties, but brought food home (coconut chicken) and some really goopy (unbelievably a guilty pleasure junk food item) cheesy, drizzled with a white sauce tater tot thing which I think would make great flavored, crunchy chicken/tater tot patties instead. Smile  We'll see. 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm making city chicken tonight with a side of brussels sprouts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I love leftovers!! Heart

After a night visiting a local pub, we brought bar food home along with some very decadent ‘junk food’ tater tots from a fellow Motley Crew member – thanks George! Needed to morph into Chicken Patties and what a success these were.  Used the Coconut Chicken Strip, Tater Tots and a mirepoix to fashion out the patties. Along with corn pudding, it made for a pretty starchy dinner, but what’s not to love?  Big Grin
[Image: Jun%2014%20Chicken%20Patty%20makings_zpshgugpfhs.jpg]
[Image: Jun%2014%20Chicken%20Patty_zpsmuon5z0c.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 6/15/17??

What's for dinner??

No idea here - but something new. Eating l/os and out of the freezer has made some nice 'holes' in the freezer, so time for new. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Between work and everything else yesterday we wound up with steak and eggs.  I reheated the last piece of the skirt steak in the sous vide at 131 for about 30 minutes.  Sliced a tomato, made some cheese and red pepper omelettes.  We added some guacamole and blue corn chips instead of toast and jam.  

Tonight is chicken and asparagus, prep isn't cast in stone yet.  Bob has an appointment with orthopedics this morning about hip pain.  Then back to work.  I tried a trick last night - turned the Anova on to 55, dropped 2 frozen chicken breasts in . . . they were perfectly thawed in a matter of minutes!  They're on ice awaiting whatever I decide to do with them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Graduation Day is finally upon us.  Lord let me get through the ceremony without crying.

Some family members are coming over afterwards for appetizers - fruit platter, veggie platter, charcuterie platter, salsa/chips/guacamole, and finally a beautiful Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.

Unfortunately it's going to be like the hottest day of the year, naturally.  Ceremony is at 1:30.  No shade.
Oh, Trixxee, cry your little heart out!!!! Look what he (and you & Tony) have accomplished! I cried at everyone of my kids graduations.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my gosh, so did I! It's just so monumental! Like a whole new chapter of your life will be starting. I remember thinking that my baby girls weren't going to need me anymore and was so sad about that. Well, that was dumb, because they still needed me just like before, but it's all so emotional. Anyway, hope it all went well and everyone enjoyed the after party. Smile

I took a package out of the freezer and wasn't sure what it was. Turned out to be a small beef roast. So, I roasted that in the basement oven, made gravy, and we will have french dip sandwiches and a roasted vegetable salad.

OT: I am taking Alyssa to "survival camp" all week, located in our MetroPark system. She is the only girl in a group of 10! Fortunately, the camp counselors are women so she has someone to talk to. She said the boys are very rambunctious. In spite of that, she has been having a really good time and learning a lot!

Anyway, one of the books that was recommended is called "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen. It just so happens that this book was on Alyssa's assigned summer reading list. She was having a hard time getting into it, so I downloaded it to my kindle so that we could read it together. It is so good and even though it's recommended for ages 11-13, any age would enjoy it. The camp counselors told me they have read the whole series and loved them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I've got to come back and read your post more slowly, Maryann!! Lots of good sharing.

O.T. here too - I have to get the darn trailer packed up. Separating everything into 3 piles
1-incorporate (if POSSIBLE Tongue ) into the house
1-find a spot in the new camping trailer
1-store till kids want or not

Our friend who bought the trailer is so anxious to move in, I have to really get my butt in gear.
www.achefsjourney.com