Michael's Graduation Dinner & Review
  Re: Michael's Graduation Dinner & Review by Mare749 (This month, in honor...)
This was a fun and easy menu.  We both really enjoyed it and will make it again.  The instructions were spot on and the chicken was moist and tender. Ron especially liked the mustard and thought it really went well with the sandwich.  We were less excited about the side dish of grilled mangoes & peppers, liking the peppers more than the mangoes.  I think we just both really like a fresh mango and don't want it grilled.  For our beverage we had the Sparkling Pink Lemonade with fresh raspberries, although mine was more like mixed berries because it's what I had.  It was refreshing and delicious!  

[Image: 2cf39y.jpg]

Not able to post a pic of the lemonade.  I'm using a new website (TinyPic) and can't figure out how to rotate the picture as it came up sideways when I uploaded it.  I hope this  works because it was very easy to sign up and start using.

As you can see, I haven't learned how to resize the picture either, but otherwise it worked well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Michael’s Review Dinner – Interesting dinner – one of those combinations where each  element seems like it will be a winner, but put together it was one of the hardest to eat. First clue was I’ve never been a fan of stocked food on a toasted piece of rustic bread – it always seems to end up a mess. For some reason the flavor did not come together  for me. Roy was just o.k. with it. But, it was hard not to have leftovers of the mustard sauce and the mangoes & peppers, which made me a happy camper.

I served my portion over a curried rice and it was delicious. I used the l/o mango & peppers in a tortellini salad (delicious with some of the marinade) and the mustard sauce, Roy was putting it on everything. I had a chicken quarter to roast up for some dishes and rubbed under and outside the skin with this sauce and wow, what a wonderful addition to the chicken.

The 2 extra chix/ham/cheese portions, I chopped up and added to our evening soup which I use Pacific Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato boxed soup for a base (along with a little of the curried rice for more flavor) and add whatever goodies I have.

So, have to say the dinner itself I give a 7, but a solid 10 for all the delicious elements  I used in different  ways. 

I did a no/no for the Lemonade w/fresh raspberries. My raspberries are not ripe yet, but I do have some blackberries, so used them instead and we loved the drink!! Another solid 10.

I apologize Michael, I feel I really mangled your wonderful choice!!
[Image: Jun%2028%20Michael%20dinner%20w%20drink_zpschitxgwd.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow!! What happened????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I've made this several times before and I really like it. Great choice Maryann! I cooked it as written, except I didn't use bell peppers and overcooked the mango, it was kind of mushy, but still tasted good. I gave this recipe an 8.

[Image: 10_zpsg34eobc4.jpg]
Finally got to make this - for lunch!  Between Tony's travel and work schedule I was having a hard time with him being available to grill the chicken (I don't even know how to turn the grill on)!  We liked it a lot!  Reminds me of one of my favorite dishes - chicken cordon bleu with a mustard dipping sauce.  I think chicken, ham and cheese go very well together.  Since he was kind of rushed for time I didn't have him make the mango and peppers - next time!  And it was so nice to eat BREAD for a change!  I would give it an 8+ rating.

Thanks for participating and for coming up with the menu Maryann.  Since it was lunchtime I didn't make the cocktails but hope to try them both this summer.
Glad you were finally able to make it, T!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."