WINNER! POPCORN BREAD
Thumbs Up    
Since Pohtobucket is still giving me a bad time, this is what I posted on f.b.  The pictures are sure worth checking out.

WINNER! Definite winner! A few years ago a group of us heard about ‘popcorn bread’ for the first time and we all jumped in to made it. But, it was kind of a flash in the pan, so to speak, ‘cause I don’t think any of us made it again. Jump forward to last Sunday and Father’s Day. Our Daughter, Tracie, got Roy a Sampler box of 10 flavored popcorn from gourmetgiftbaskets.com.  The flavors are certainly mouth-watering and into my head popped (   Big Grin  ) Popcorn Bread. Dug out the recipe, grabbed two pkgs. of popcorn (Sun Dried Tomato Basil & Honey Mustard) and they were the exact amount needed for a batch of bread. And, did they ever add a wonderful flavor to the bread. I’m thinking he won’t get too many of the packets to eat….. but we’ll sure have some good flavored bread and rolls. Next time, tho, I’ll make 1/2 a batch, makes 64 oz. of dough and just too much for the two of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: WINNER! POPCORN BREAD by cjs ([font=Century Gothic...)
Saw your pix, Jean. Made my mouth water. I have a batch on the rise right now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I went and checked it out.  Your bread looks wonderful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I made a piece of toast last night with it and just had it dry - great flavor!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I thought it turned out great, but Ron was not in love with it this time. Said it was too sweet. So, I made a note on the recipe and will cut back next time. Kind of strange because he loved it the first time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, I remember it is slightly sweet, now you mention it.  Maybe toasted for savory sandwiches or just with salted butter?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean I have been making it off and on even in the motor home.  Now that it's summer bread baking is going to be a bread machine outside proposition.   I've also been making my Mom's Custard Rich Rolls - Berta was using that recipe to make the cinnamon rolls down at the restaurant, she used vanilla pudding instead of the custard/flan mix.  I will be playing with the flavored popcorn idea.

I've found that if I bake my own bread using flours from Canada and Europe I can eat them with no problem!  Home made is better anyway!
The flavored popcorn is really fun, Sharon. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: WINNER! POPCORN BREAD by cjs (The flavored popcorn...)
I will have to look for it. I do some flavors for our popcorn . . . wonder if that would work?
maybe or gourmetgiftbaskets.com.
www.achefsjourney.com