DINNER THREAD, 7/3/17 - 7/9/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/3/17 - 7/9/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Happy Birthday, Tony!

Last night, I finally got around to fixing our Low Country Shrimp Boil.  YUM!  And discovered Tilley LOVES shrimp!

Tonight, I'm trying a new frozen dinner...Tuscan Style Chicken Lasagna.  It's made with spinach and sundried tomatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Hey there, old man - Happy Birthday, Tony!!!!! Your dinner tonight sounds better than anything you can get going out tomorrow, Trixxee!!! Smile Smile Smile

Ended up baking two potatoes for twice-bakers and had one today - I mashed the pulp with so much roasted garlic/ roasted garlic oil, I barely needed any other flavorings. God, they were tasty!!!

Sharon, I think that salad is the 'fruit cake' of the salad world - just one that went all around the U.S. Tongue Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sharon, do you have a printed recipe for that salad that you could share? That would be so nice to have for lunch in the warm weather.

Happy Birthday, Tony! I agree with Jean, your linguine with clams were probably way better than anything you are going to have out. The pic on FB sure gave me a craving!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/7/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I made 2 twice-baked taters yesterday, so we'll have the 2nd one today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We're going to have fish sandwiches and coleslaw. I got some lightly breaded flounder filets from Sam's Club that make great sandwiches.
Maryann

Can't get Tony's B'day dinner out of my mind......darn. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm thinking that will have to be on the menu in the next few days.
Maryann

Saturday's Dinner, 7/8/17??

What's on the menu for today??

I think since I dreamt about them last night - I'm going to play with hot dogs for Roy today. He loves them on the Spinach wraps (better than in a bun), smeared with b. beans (like I have been using for a sauce on some pizzas), and quick-pickles. Where this came from, I have no idea....and, I'm not even pregnant.  Tongue

Our friend, Houseboat Don was asking me about fruit soups yesterday and now along with Clam Linguine, I have this in my mind. Over the years I've made 3 which are our favorites and haven't made them for a long time. Blueberry, Cantaloupe and Pineapple. hmmmmmm I sense a special dinner in our lives, I think.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hmm...I wasn't sure what we were going to have for dinner, but now I have grilled hotdogs stuck in my head. That might be it.

Jean, do you make strawberry soup? I remember Abby ordering it for an appetizer once when we were on vacation. She liked it very much.
Maryann

There's no real recipe Maryann but

5 hard cooked eggs, chilled
1 large can solid pack tuna, chilled
1 reg. size bag frozen peas thawed, not cooked
1/2 red onion diced
3-4 scallions (white & green) sliced
Salt, fresh ground pepper, and either dried or fresh dill
Mayonnaise to moisten everything well.

We love this salad on hot summer nights.  All you need is some garlic bread and dinner is done.  You can play with it and adjust flavors.  I put a ton of fresh dill in it last night - so good.  I suppose I could make a small batch but we always eat it.  I've even eaten it for breakfast.  Good stuff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!