DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=small]Mo...)
Tony is out of town again (Savannah GA this time and he's not too happy about the weather and the bugs) so I'm picking up chicken fingers at Raising Cain's for Michael and I'll top a salad with one or two for myself.
Or I may make myself a pralines and cream milkshake.  Dang, I've been eating a lot of ice cream this summer.
OMG, Savannah in July??? Poor guy. Sad
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
And to top it off, his co-worker who is with him that the bright idea to WALK to some famous restaurant for lunch and there must have been 100 people in line (I would never wait in line for food) so they were standing in the hot sun for 45 minutes waiting for a table.  Couldn't pay me.   I don't think he'll leave the convention center or the hotel for the rest of the trip.  LOL.
Oh-oh, not a happy camper... Smile
'a pralines and cream milkshake.' - well piddle, doesn't that sound decadent and good!!!!

Maryann, I make Roberto's recipe about 1-3 times a year, too. I miss those 'old' guys from C2C!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I do too, Jean! What a colorful bunch!

Trixxee, the last time my in-laws were in Savannah for a wedding (some years back) they never left the hotel except to drive to the reception. The heat made them sick.

My cousin who came here for surgery was born and raised in Georgia. It was so funny when I picked her up at the airport on Sunday, she had on a sweater! She said she was looking forward to cooler weather here.
Maryann

A sweater?  Poor thing!  

We managed to leave the office before 6 today!  I picked Bertolli Frozen Pasta dinner yesterday, so I managed to spend time with Tilley at the park this afternoon.  We do most days, but today was a longer, more relaxed play time.

I think we are catching up?  Either way, we are planning to go home this weekend for the whole weekend.  Haven't been back this long since we lost Cricket.  Mixed emotions about that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 7/13/17??

What's for dinner today?  I have twice baked potatoes left and maybe artichokes. Not too creative.... Tongue
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Once again, I'm looking for inspiration. Seem to be in a cooking rut. Since I have the kiddos all day and it's raining again!!! might have to put them to work on something in between games of Mexican dominoes. Wink

Hope you have a relaxing weekend at home, Daphne. I'm sure Tilley will love it!
Maryann

Is Mexican Dominoes the same thing as Mexican Train?  We tried to play it last weekend but it's been so long we couldn't remember the rules.  LOL.

Just leftover chicken tenders and saffron rice here.  And some nectarines.  99 cents a pound and they are all ripe now.