Cooked Pasta??
  Re: Cooked Pasta?? by cjs ([size=small]Just got...)
Thanks for the review of the pasta, Jean!

Maryann, I decided the reason my pasta roller was tearing my pasta was because it had dried pasta stuck inside.  I can hear it rattling around inside.  Jean suggested passing damp paper towels through the rollers.  I probably didn't give it enough time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean this one does have a smaller footprint.  It now lives where my food processor lived on my bitty counter and I have room to spare.  Most of the discs and the "cutting" and cleaning tools fit in a drawer under the unit.  The recipe book has a lot of amazing recipes for pastas, including soba noodles.  They use the lasagna dough for dumplings and different Asian applications.  My "guys" (Jeff is back in our life) vote that we have fresh pasta a few times a week!  Costco.com is going to have this model at $50 off through the end of July.  Now I need to get rid of all of the dried pasta I have on hand, except for an Italian orzo and accini de pepe.  

I'll keep my hand crank . . . thinking to use it like a sheeter for other things.

Bob and Jeff have voted that I cut back to my 12 hours a week (to keep our RV site) and stay home to cook and go back to doing my jewelry making.  I am beginning to think I like that idea.  The extra money is nice . . . but the stress is driving me up a wall.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Daphne, I did some searching for info on cleaning stubborn bits of pasta and found this...it's a rather drastic method, but maybe it will work.

Cleaning pasta machine

You could sure enjoy your time at the club if you were able to cut back your hours, Sharon. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
You're right Jean.  Right now I'm thinking about the extra money we are going to need to get back to ND to get our stuff.  We are seriously thinking that this will be our last summer season here.  We'd like to get over in your direction, there are several parks that use work campers, or head back down to the Redwoods.  It isn't fun anymore being stuck in the office instead of at the front counter.

The gal that's been running the kitchen for the last 3 years is leaving in September.  She gifted me with a dehydrator and a heavy duty meat grinder/sausage stuffer.  The "boys" have big plans for those.  I have a very special secret family recipe from Germany for bratwurst that I'm dying to make.  This will take a load off my old KA.  

We're going to have to get a bigger trailer for all our toys!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thanks, Jean!  I'll check it out this weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.