DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
Question    
Monday's Dinner, 7/24/17??

What's for dinner today??

Spam Pizza here - it's been a while and I have a can of Black Pepper Spam which we really like. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I have some leftover beer can chicken that I'm going to make chicken soup with.  I found some cute little bow tie noodles to put in it in the Kosher section.
I posted in the wrong thread. It's a new week.

Dinner tonight is l/o corned beef, so we'll make sandwiches on rye bread and have a spinach salad on the side. More watermelon for dessert. We sure are going through a lot of watermelon this year! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, so did I!!!

Still stuck in a rut of the same meals being repeated, but I'm desperate for stuff that requires minimal prep time and gives me a little down time while it cooks on the grill.  So tonight was ribs (I've found we like St. Louis style better than Baby Back these days.) with sour cream baby red potatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We scored a deal on "carne asada" meat the other day.  It wasn't seasoned so I marinated part of it and added it to a stir fry with pea pods, baby bok choy, celery, garlic & ginger, shallots and served over rice.  Awesome.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Tuesday's Dinner - 7/25/17??

What's on the menu today??  I think Salisbury steak, fingerling potatoes and fruit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]T...)
I'm waiting for inspiration to hit. I'm drawing a blank!
Not particularly summer weather but since the AC will not likely be on all afternoon anyway, I'm making the good old pot roast with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix.  One of the few recipes I'll use that kind of stuff.

Roasted cauliflower with parmesan cheese on the side. Might do a small little serving of peas as well.  Haven't had peas in ages unless they are sprinkled into something.  Just for something GREEN on the plate.  Wink
I had a late lunch with my dad today after taking him to the Cleveland Botanical Garden http://www.cbgarden.org/. It was one of those perfect days for it, only about 75 degrees today and sunny. It's another one of those places that's good for walking because you don't realize how much ground you're actually covering.

So, Ron had l/o ribs and corn on the cob. I also cooked some spinach that needed to be used and I had that and some chicken noodle soup.

Jean, tomorrow Abby is coming over and we are going to make Wilton frosting and practice our skills for a few hours. I will get up early and bake cupcakes to decorate and yes, we will take pics!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, I can't wait to see the outcome!  What fun!

So I decided to tease Jean a little....I figured this survey location may get her attention like nothing else will!  LOL!

[Image: IMG_1057.jpg]

And yes, Tilley got a dish of vanilla and William and I got Mr. Frostys to cool down....it's seriously hot here!!!

As much as I'd LOVE to have Salisbury Steak OR Pot Roast, but again....too hot!
I THOUGHT I was going to pick up butcher stuffed Florentine chicken breasts, but I must have seen that at the new store.  So, I decided that was in my favor....I could use the cheese of my choice.  Not the prettiest sight, but I give you Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with a side of Spinach Salad with Pine Nut Dressing.  YUM!

[Image: image_5.jpeg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.