DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Wow, that looks delicious, Daphne. Very creative, too. So, how did you cook the chicken so that the cheese didn't run out?

I bet Tilley loved that ice cream! We have a frozen custard stand here called East Coast Custard. It's not just your typical soft serve, it's really custard. So, that's an occasional treat for us in the summer. They have some tiny cones that they will fill for free for babies and for your dog. Charlie loves the place! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, I grilled it on each side and the bottom about 5 minutes each on low.  I didn't cook it on the top where it was open to the stuffing.  Apparently, goat cheese doesn't melt as quickly as other cheese?  There were only two breasts in the pack, but they were HUGE!  So I cut them in half down the middle before splitting them lengthwise for the stuffing.  I didn't have toothpicks, which would have created a prettier presentation.  I just used one broken skewer for each one to ensure they didn't completely fall apart.  What little the goat cheese did melt oozed into the meat so I got that goat cheese flavor in every bite.

If you like goat cheese, I highly recommend this.  I'll be doing it again, that's for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Looking forward to pictures of the fun you & Abby will  have!!

You're surveying a Dairy Queen????? Smile  (did something go over my head here? Smile )

the chicken sounds so tasty, Daphne.

about the burger patty for the Salisbury steak - I didn't have any milk to add to the mixture (sautéed bell pepper & onion, saltine, egg, horseradish, S&P), so I added ~2T. mayo. First looking at the patties, I thought oh this is a mistake, they had a milky pink hue to them that didn't look very appetizing, but they were what they were. These patties turned out to be the most moist, smoothest textured 'steaks' I've ever put together. Sure surprised me.

Wasn't going to post the picture of the 'steak'  - I just took it to put with the recipe, but here it is. I'll sure try this again.
[Image: Jul%2025%20Salisbury%20Steak_zpsildiuuim.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 7/26/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

One thing I'm making since Roy found some good looking radishes at the store yesterday, is Maryann's Radish soup - sounds so good for a 'later' snack. Maybe a cheesy flatbread to go with. Don't know about main meal yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Pot roast sounds good Trixee, but too hot here too.  That chicken and spinach salad looks wonderful Daphne.  

Last night's dinner was a surprise pickup from the little grocery store in town.  Rick Bayless Frontera Grill Barbacoa Beef Taco skillet dinner from the frozen section.  I made a simple "salad/salsa" with avocado, tomato and cucumber and corn on the cob "grilled" in my amazing microwave grill pan and seasoned with Penzey's new Pico & Salsa seasoning . . . YUM!
That was the last of the sous vide corn we froze last year.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Everything sounds great - Dairy Queen included.  The one in our little mall didn't make cut apparently when they remodeled the food court.  Bastards!  And my pot roast post did not make any sense.  I meant to say since the A/C will be ON all afternoon....My proof reading skills have gone out the window.

Well, my meal planning is a little strange this week.  Tonight we are having this hamburger stroganoff recipe which is probably going to taste just like the pot roast.  LOL!  Oh well, at least there's food on the table, right?

http://www.spendwithpennies.com/ground-b...hamburger/
Abby is coming over shortly and we will be busy for the afternoon. So, this morning I made a small portion of macaroni salad for tonight and we will put some burgers on the grill. Will also be grilling some yellow squash from our garden.

Dessert will mostly likely be cupcakes. We will have plenty to pass around. Wink
Maryann

"We will have plenty to pass around." - not passed far enough, tho Smile Smile Smile

The heat is getting to you, Trixxee....(how I wish we had heat that would get to me. Tongue )
www.achefsjourney.com
KJean, it was an Elevation Certificate for the sub shop next door.

And you've got me drooling for Salisbury steak now!  May be dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean, that salisbury steak looks delicious. Do you have amounts of ingredients, or did you just eyeball it?

I'm going to put Abby's pix up on FB because it's easier than trying to post them here.
Maryann