DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
So I had my Country Fried Steak in brown gravy with Mashed Potatoes and Peas Wednesday night....YUM!

Last night we opted to order pizza and cleaned out some space in the freezing unit by polishing off some small cartons of ice cream...a chocolate medley for me, salted carmel for William, and vanilla for Tilley.  SHE LOVES ICE CREAM!  LOL!

Tonight was steak night.  New York Strip was on sale....still not a fan, but good for the money.

Trixxee and Maryann, your adventures sound fun!  DETAILS!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 7/29/17??

What's for dinner?? 

I have a piece of the cod left from yesterday, so maybe fish tacos or make a couple patties out of it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We will probably just pick at some l/os that we brought home last night. Sure don't need to eat much after that foodfest. Wink

Daphne asked for details but the night market was disappointing. The last one was rained out so it was like the entire city turned out for this one. You could barely move through the crowd and at times it was at a complete standstill. The favorite food stalls had long lines that barely seemed to move. We had a few appetizers then decided to go into the Emperor's Palace and have a sit down dinner. That was spectacular as always.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
That's disappointing...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Our details:  place is crawling with millenials.  LOL.  It's a fun atmosphere though and decorated nicely.  If you can't find something to tickle your palate there you never will.  I wound up with a lemongrass chicken bahn mi because the line for the short rib sandwich place was longer than I could handle - I was starving!  Tony and Michael each got a thin crust pizza that was very good.  Michael got a double scoop of coffee oreo (what a great combo) ice cream in a waffle cone and I made the mistake of having a single scoop of peach ice cream (impossible to find).  I was so full.  But all we had was water to drink so at least I didn't compound the calories with wine.  ;Wink Everything was delicious.

We are heading to Costco in a bit and are hoping to pick up a corned beef.  If so, we'll have a traditional corned beef dinner tonight and then have some leftovers for sandwiches and/or hash.  Hopefully enough for both.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by Trixxee (Our details:  place ...)
It sounds like fun Trixxee! Sorry your Night Market was a bust Maryann. We hit the Farmers' Market this am. We were late, but we still managed to get a beautiful London broil, some gorgeous tomatoes, corn, cherries for a batch of cherry bourbon, and some beautiful fresh pulled carrots. Tonight is a sous vide Chicken Tagine, Maple Harrisa Roasted Carrots and ???? something with Quinoa.

I'm busy getting all of my spices and herbs organized. I found some great little tin boxes that are perfect and way lighter than the glass jars I've been using. We are thinking about going on the road to ND this fall, or finding a new situation. It's no longer fun to be here and if it isn't fun . . . I don't want to do it anymore.
Good for you, Sharon! Time to move on!

Fun night tonight. My sister-in-law and I went downtown to the State theater to see Pilobolus, http://www.pilobolus.org/. It was absolutely amazing. I realized after the show that it's been a very long time since I have been that caught up in a show that made me actually lose track of time. Highly recommend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sounds like you made the best of things, Maryann!  And that show today looks very interesting!

Trixxee, looks like you made out well.  And a splurge every now and then isn't so bad in my opinion.  

Good luck with your decision, Sharron!

It was a rainy lazy day, so I made do with l/o out of the freezer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sharon, I'm surprised you & Bob have been there so long - you're wayyyyy due for new adventure, that's what retirement is all about.

Have never heard of that show, Maryann, but wow, does it sound interesting.
Coffee Oreo? Be still my heart. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 7/30/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

My last piece of cornflake crusted cod morphed into 6 fish patties and we had two sliders with them last night. They were so good, I'm repeating today and leave 2 for the freezer for a later treat. Smile 

I'm craving chocolate chip cookies, so hopefully I'll get  a batch made today. AND, I'm happy to say there is one veggie almost ready to pick in my little garden. Isn't that wonderful and it's only ALMOST August, for God's sake!! Angry  (1 measly small zucc) 
www.achefsjourney.com