DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I put Wiiliam in charge of picking dinner.  I just couldn't think of anything I wanted.  He said order pizza.  So creative.  LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Bob had to go in to get MRI's of his back and hip so that meant a trip to the store for inspiration and some necessities (ICE!).  Burgers are in the "bucket" (sous vide) .  I'm going to cook some little fresh peppers from our garden, mushrooms and onions to go on top with some provolone.  I might slice some tomatoes, maybe . . . it's 97 outside and only 10 degrees cooler in here.   

I think I want to move to Antarctic!  Jean - is it cooler over there?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
That is hot, Sharon! I thought 87 was warm today, but when it goes up over 90, I stay in. Are you sure you want to move south? Wink

Hope Bob's doc can help him find some relief.

I'm going to be MIA tomorrow. Going out to play with Holly for one last hurrah before she has to go back to school in two weeks. This summer went by way too fast!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yes - it's been too much cooler around here for me. Yesterday, we finally got to the 80s I think. It was wonderful and there is always a breeze off the Straits.

Poor Bob, I hope they find something and fix it!!
Holly & her family packed a lot into this summer, didn't they? Have fun today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 8/2/17??

What's on the menu today??

Fridge is full - have to decide...........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Today is going to be a 2 bucket day.  Bucket one will have a beautiful grass fed London Broil cooking slowly - just waiting for a quick sear and perhaps a mushroom sauce.  Bucket 2 will have first of the season corn on the cob sealed in the bag with some butter, lime and cilantro.  When done a dusting of cotija cheese.  I might do something with some potatoes??? I don't know that we need them.   

Bob sees his PA today for the results of the MRI.  I'm crossing my fingers that it's something that can be fixed.  He's only been able to play golf once this year and that almost killed him.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Hope Bob feels better - that no fun.

My best friend lives in Lake Oswego, OR and they are expecting 107.  They are one of the few people that actually have a pool so they'll be ok.

Michael wants chicken fingers from Raising Cain's so I'll pick up a few extra and Tony and I will top a salad with some slices of that.  Will add a sliced hard boiled egg and the usual salad suspects.
I'm going to make a salad for dinner and put a steak on the grill for Ron.

Big lunch downtown today with Holly & Katie, so don't feel much like dinner. Holly and I had blueberry pomegranate margaritas and shared a club sandwich that was gynormas. Katie had a giant pretzel with queso. We covered a lot of ground today and also found out that there are now three different FREE trolleys that continuously cover all areas of downtown CLE.

https://www.margaritavillecleveland.com/

Daphne, was this one of the restaurants where we met you and William for dinner in Myrtle Beach?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
How fun!
www.achefsjourney.com
No, we always met up at Joe's Crab Shack, I think.

I hope Bob had a good report, Sharon.  And your dinner sounds wonderful!!!

Maryann, it sounds like you guys had a great day!!!  Funny you mentioned the summer being almost over.  When I was at Walmart yesterday, I looked at all the Back to School displays and just grinned from ear too ear!

Making it up to the 80's sounds wonderful!  We were thrilled to drop back to the mid 80's the past few days...and low humidity, too!!!!!

So Trixxee, speaking of school......

Dinner tonight is Chicken Alfredo.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.