DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Between looking for a new work camping position on line and work the dinner didn't work out - I will get it together tomorrow.  Tonight will be a gluten free pizza with some added goodies (done in the pizza oven outside) and a salad.

The Dr's office had been trying to call Bob - but he was out on the mower and didn't have his ear buds in so missed the calls.  His PA went home sick today and leaves for vacation tomorrow.  The MRI results won't be back so the whole thing has been put off until the 14th.  Crap!  

It's 101 now, we're under a red flag warning and there is a ton of smoke in the air.  I am wishing for some cooler weather!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I hope you find something in a more comfortable climate, Sharon. Sorry to hear about Bob having to wait till the 14th now for some answers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a bummer for Bob! It's never been so smoky over here that I've ever seen. In the 90s - also which is almost unheard of on this side of the state. But, at least it cools down overnight.

We ended up with a mishmash of a dish using up a lot of 'stuff' from the fridge. Nothing to write home about. Tongue

Forgot to send some RV park names in the area, Sharon - I apologize. Did you find some over here??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 8/3/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

No idea here yet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We're going to have white chicken chili tonight. Yes, it's hot and humid but we are due for a severe storm around dinnertime, so we will be eating inside anyway. Will make a crunchy salad to go with.
Maryann

It's smoky in Lake Oswego too - unhealthy air quality alert.  I guess the smoke is coming from Canada.

We are having grilled teriyaki thighs and steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cabbage).  Nothing too exciting.
I've been craving roast beef for a while now.  I think it was Trixxee who planted the idea.  Thanks Trixxee!  It was awesome!  I used the instant pot to get it done before so late.

Sharon, I hate that Bob has to wait.  And I feel for you suffering such miserable temps.  We have been fortunate so far this summer.  We have had temps in the mid 90's with high humidity, but we haven't made it to the 100's yet.  That has been a relief after last summer!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/4/17??

What's for dinner today? 

Minestrone is calling my name, so that's what we'll be having.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm going to see what looks good at the seafood market. Need to get back on lighter meals, so looking for something to grill. We got two more yellow squash from our pitiful little garden, so will grill those. Also picked two small tomatoes to slice for a salad.
Maryann

William and I got the Indy Style Pork Sandwiches for lunch and have most of each left, so that's dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.