Let's celebrate Blane's birthday!
  Re: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! by Mare749 (And, here is the men...)
I bet chicken would work very well. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow, I completely forgot this was review day! But then, it looks like I have a lot of company..... Wink

We loved this sandwich. I got a nice piece of sirloin and Ron grilled it just right, pink all the way through. We let it rest a bit, then sliced it thin for the sandwiches, which I made exactly to recipe except that I used jarred roasted red peppers. Since Trixxee mentioned that this would be good with chicken, I decided to have Ron grill a chicken breast and made the exact same sandwich. I can't say which one was better because both were great.

The only complaint we both had was that the ciabatta rolls that I purchased were a bit heavy which made me regret not making them myself because they are so easy to do. We will definately be making both sandwiches again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Shoot!! these sound so good and I apologize I didn't get a chance to make this!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
These sandwiches are delicious! Great choice. I used ciabatta rolls instead of a whole loaf, because I was cooking for only myself. On the steak sammie I roasted a bell pepper, per the recipe, I thought this was unnecessary, so I used jarred roasted red peppers on the chicken sammie. It was easier, with less waste. I'll be making these again. A solid 10!

[Image: 3_zpscqyrhffq.jpg]
[Image: 1_zpsarabaoxx.jpg]
Wow, you still take the best pictures, Blane!

Our sammies tasted as good as yours look. Definately a solid 10 from us, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We thought they were wonderful too.  I also used rolls because that's all the store has.  The good news?  Still have 2 rolls left in the freezer.  Wink