DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17
Question    
Monday's Dinner - 8/7/17??

What's for dinner today? 

I'm still working on piddly little pkgs. of surprises from the freezer, so who knows...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 by cjs ([size=medium]Monday'...)
Leftover corned beef and all the trimmings.
We have dibs and dabs to use up also. I pulled a package from the freezer that has a piece of lasagna l/o from a very simple recipe from the Silver Spoon that I made a while back. It's rather a light lasagna, not heavy like Sicilian style. Then, we have a little bit of l/o beer can chicken, and a nice Chinese eggplant that Heather gave me from their garden. We'll put that on the grill with a bit of olive oil, s&p, and some grated Parm/Reg.

I have a question for anyone who might know this. Heather also gave me this gynormous yellow squash from her garden. The problem is that I have other produce to use up first so won't get to it for at least 3 or 4 days. Can someone tell me how to store it so that it doesn't get over-ripe?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Most squash can be held for 3-4 weeks in a cool (~50°F) place.

YEAH!!!! I'm back in the computer world!! I'm never going to click on a FB attachment again....I won't give up FB, but the attachments are what can get us in trouble.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I thought I answered this earlier but apparently not.  I always store zucchini and yellow squash in the fridge.
Thank you both. Into the fridge this monster is going. I've really never seen anything like this. It's like a giant zucchini only it's orange! Heather said she split it and filled it with taco meat and all the toppings. Even the kiddos ate it. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I agree, you're squash should be fine.

Thanks Trixxee for asking about the terriyaki recipe on FB!  I used the recipe Blane posted on some chicken tenders that were on sale.  I served them with my old fried rice recipe. (Hey, it has peas in it....LOL! So I got my green!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Today was the "run for the border" trip to Oregon for booze and then Costco and home.  It's 7:30 and we're still not home!  Costco rotisserie chicken and a salad with blue cheese dressing.  I am whipped.  

We were very good in Costco, not so good in Oregon.  Oh well . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Tuesday's Dinner, 8/8/17??

What's for dinner today??
www.achefsjourney.com
That recipe Blane posted was pretty good.

I think someone, maybe Maryann, posted about making chicken chili recently - I have every ingredient on hand so why not.

This is the recipe I've been making for years.  Don't are for the way their photo turned out-mine usually looks much better.  LOL.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...n-chili-61