DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 by cjs ([size=medium]Monday'...)
Oh, we love that as much as red chili with beef! I started using a packaged seasoning mix from McCormick just because it's easy and we really like it. Ron likes to crumble a few tortilla chips in his bowl and we both like a dollop of sour cream on top.

I decided to use that squash today and make a taco boat like Heather suggested.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm going with a tub of my favorite peanut sauce tossed with some rice noodles and grilled chix wings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have some leftover London broil and mushrooms so I'm making a riff on Stroganoff and Basmati rice.  I'll serve it with some haricot vert I got at Costoc yesterday.  I wish it was cooler - chile sounds so good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We are going to the Orange County Fair today (if you bring $5 worth of new school supplies you get in free plus a free ride ticket - that's like an $18 value).    I can't believe all the supplies I was able to buy at Target for $15.  24 pack of crayons, 50 cents a box.  Ten markers, $1.00 a pack etc.

I am hoping my favorite gryo place is there.  It's pretty much a tradition for me.
Wednesday's Dinner, 8/9/17??

What's for dinner today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]W...)
I am thinking Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese and a green salad. Not cast in stone yet.
from the freezer Noodles and mushroom sauce.

If I don't show up on the forum for the next couple of days it's computer/connection problems, so just carrying on until I can show my face again.....
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, you have had your fair share of computer issues recently!

Trixxee, I hope you got your gyro!  A fair sounds fun!

The Terriyaki Chicken was really good.  I haven't made Fried Rice in a long time….it turned out great.

I know two Asian recipes in two days is a bit much, but I am economizing.  Tonight, I took advantage of a pork tenderloin I saved from the  broken freezer.  I should have cooked it before now, actually.  We had the Chicken Ramen Stir Fry but with pork.  I now cut back the ramen to two packs and double the sauce and veggies.  It was really good.  I haven't made it in a while.  Now that I have a full functioning fridge, I meal planned and was able to get ingredients that don't have to be used up in a day or two.  YEAH!  FINALLY!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, sure hope you aren't missing for very long, Jean!

Tonight was a fun evening spent with Holly, Bob, and one of their long time friends. Heather was "celebrity bartending" at a local pub for a fundraiser for MetroHealth moms and infants. She did a great job for her first time and even though it was crowded and crazy, she took it all in stride. The bar donated 20% of their sales between 6-10 p.m. to the fundraiser and any money that went into the tip jar at the bar.

The food was great. I had half of a fried haddock sandwich that was huge! Brought the rest home to have tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thursday's Dinner, 8/10/17??

(Fingers crossed the band aids we've used work and I can keep on goin'! :Smile  )  

What's for dinner today? 

I made a batch of Marinara yesterday, so will have some today with Tortellini and maybe a couple little grilled lamb chops.

I have a leftover tip I'm going to post that was just wonderful last night. For our later snack, I like to split (to use 2 nights) a box of Pacific Red Pepper & Tomato Soup and add all my leftovers to it. Last night I had some rice noodles I had sauced with my Spicy Peanut Sauce to add along with other goodies. Let me tell you the addition of the peanut sauce was great!! Just a nice subtle back flavor of the Asian hit the spot.
www.achefsjourney.com