DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We were so surprised at how much we liked parsnips.  Need to add them more often here, also.

We need to get on that birthday dinner!

After a frustrating confusing day, we just ordered pizza.  It was so crazy I forgot to eat lunch...poor Tilley didn't appreciate that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 8/16/17??

What's for dinner?? 

Meatloaf sandwiches & pasta salad here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I thought I answered this but maybe I put it in the wrong thread.  That wouldn't be a stretch.  LOL.

Trying mongolian beef for the first time.  Bought a nice flank steak for it.  Will throw some steamed broccoli into it and skip the rice.  We just planned a vacation for early January so I need to lose some more weight-  8 more pounds and I'll be happy.
Is this the first vacation since you sold your rig?? What kind of vacation do you have planned??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We were lucky enough to have a couple of quick getaways.  Last summer we went to Shaver Lake (east of Fresno i think) with my sister's family and that was a lot of fun.  And then right before Christmas we had some timeshare points to use up by Dec. 31 so we went to Vegas for the first time in 18 years.

This time it's a REAL vacation.  Ten nights on the Big Island (Hawaii).  We were able to find availability with our current time share points so the condo is taken care of.  2 Bedroom/2 Bath.  :Smile 

I booked the airfare yesterday.  Now we need to save our pennies for spending money.
Wow! How fun!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Now that's a vacation! Really something to look forward to! I would love to see Hawaii and it's on the list for some day..... Wink

We had family dinner tonight so I made a pan of lasagna and roasted veggies from Heather's garden.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Trixxee!  What a fabulous trip!!!!  Please promise you'll share, because that is probably the closest I'll ever get to Hawaii!

Tonight was Roasted Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions with asparagus.  YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
You guys have to try to get there some day.  It's a lot easier for me since I live on the west coast.  So easy that this has to be about my 20th trip over the last 35 years.  I think my dad has been over 40 times.  I think it's in our blood.  Wink
I'm with you, Trixxee - we loved Hawaii.
www.achefsjourney.com