DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I missed last night.  I used some grass fed ground beef, garlic oil, peppers (hot and sweet), diced tomatoes & tomato paste, cumin, ancho chili pwdr, and Mexican oregano to make a topping for rice with some Cotija cheese.  For a side I grilled some patty pan squash.

Tonight is something with chicken, baked potatoes and a salad.  I'm not sure of the treatment on the chicken yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We weren't in the totality area, but we were at about 98%, so we got a great show anyway.

Dinners 8/21 & 22
Found a new restaurant, and lucky us!  They stay open after 2 pm!  Sometimes we are so busy we eat a late lunch.  https://www.swainseafoodshack.com/gallery

I started with house made potato chips. Best I've ever had!  SUPER crunchy!!!!

[IMG_1118.jpg.html][Image: IMG_1118.jpg]

William got the Shrimp
Salad Wrap that was one of the specials.  He chose to upcharge for a trip to a nice little salad bar.

[IMG_1119.jpg.html][Image: IMG_1119.jpg]

I picked one of the other specials, the Fried Grouper Sandwich with a visit to the salad bar, also.  The fish portion was HUGE!!!!

[IMG_1121.jpg.html][Image: IMG_1121.jpg]

It's a little more pricy than our usual places, but for a treat every now and again, we will be back.  And they have in house baked goods that looked OUTSTANDING!

For dinner, I finally got to make the Shrimp Scampi I've been craving for months!  Jean, I can't remember if I've ever made your recipe, but I used it last night!  I'll never make it any other way again!!!!  Thanks again!!!

The one of the specials at Loco Jo's today was house made Crab Cake Sliders.  They were very good and the price was VERY reasonable!

[IMG_1132.jpg.html][Image: IMG_1132.jpg]

Dinner tonight was French Dip Sandwiches that I've been craving for weeks.  Boar's Head roast beef made them AWESOME!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Good Lord, Daphne - what a couple days of great sounding food you & William had. I'm certainly drooling here!!

(remind me of the shrimp dish - memory is shot! Smile )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner-8/23/17

What's for dinner??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Last night's dinner plan was an epic fail.  We wound up with pulled pork sandwiches with fried green tomatoes and a nice salad.  

Tonight . . . something with the chicken breast - I saw a recipe for a buffalo chicken stuffed baked potato that looked good.  It even had a bit of broccoli in it and a homemade buffalo sauce.  I think that might be dinner.  I'm going to sous vide the chicken breasts this morning so they'll be ready for whatever tonight.  (Laundry day in town after work)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
nice sub tho, Sharon. Don't you love stuffed baked taters for a filling dinner which can use up so many dibs and dabs of goodies!!!! One of my favorites and they never seem to get old.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony's still gone (as much as he drives me crazy one could never call him a slacker when it comes to work - he works so hard), and I didn't make my chicken last night after all so definitely making that tonight.
He does work hard, T. But then, so do you because you have to manage everything at home in his absence. Wink

We are putting some burgers on the grill and having a caesar salad along with it, topped with more garden tomatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Chinese Almond Chicken tonight. Big Grin
Jean, this is the one.  But note I doubled everything except the butter and the pasta.

Linguine With Baked Scampi

You can use an equal amoun of minced garlic in the jar for fresh minced if necessary. I usually top mine with fresh grated parmesan cheese as well as the parsley.

Ingredients
3/4 C butter
1 lb shrimp cleaned
4 lg garlic cloves finely minced (3-4 tablespoons)
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional
12 oz linguine cooked

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400*F (205*). Put butter in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish and place in oven until butter melts.

Add shrimp, garlic and lemon juice to butter and stir to blend.

Return dish to oven and bake shrimp 3 minutes.

Mix in parsley and bake until shrimp is just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.

Season with salt and pepper.

Place linguine in large serving bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture over and toss to combine.

Tonight was a late day.  We were at the office until almost 7.  So I opted to pick up a frozen lasagna so that Tilley could play in the park for almost an hour.  A neighbor brought his dog over to play.  They had a ball!!!!  Tilley had to be coaxed out of the bed to eat dinner!  LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.