DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17
Star    
Monday's Dinner - 8/28/17??

What's for dinner today??

September??? Can it be, already?? Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Grilled boneless thighs with peanut sauce and steamed broccoli.  Nothing too exciting.
I think we're going to have some babyback ribs tonight, but that's still iffy. Ron is dealing with more truck problems, so we might be dealing with that. Looks like it's time to get rid of the beast. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Peanut sauce - darn, I have none left in the freezer. Sad

Poor Ron...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yeah, poor Ron is right. This is getting to be every weekend anymore. Time to get rid of that truck as much as he loves it. He was trying to put off buying a new vehicle this year since we put so much into the house, but it's looking like he will have to.

Complete turnaround on dinner menu. He's still not home because he went car shopping after work. So no ribs tonight. I made a big chef salad and topped it with l/o beer can chicken. Also made a delicious chowder that I may not ever be able to duplicate again, but it's sure good. I chopped up some shrimp in that. So, we'll have soup and salad tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I posted in last week's thread.  OOPS!

Anyway, I forgot to mention, good luck, Sharon!

And has anybody heard anything from Bill?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We talked to Bill yesterday and at that time they had had 10" of rain - but all sets of kids and they are fine.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner , 8/29/17??

What's for dinner today??
www.achefsjourney.com
I bought one of the those Del Rey's entrees you heat up in the microwave.  Chipotle Chicken Tinga.  We'll make soft tacos with it.  Today is Michael's late day at the college so I thought something fast would be a good idea.  Also it's very hot here so if I don't have to turn anything on but a microwave.....
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17 by cjs (We talked to Bill ye...)
I'm glad Bill and his family are ok. I can't imagine 10" of rain - let alone the 50 or more inches some places are getting. It's heartbreaking.

We did our run for the border yesterday . . . dinner was a Costco Chicken, baked potato with some steamed broccoli.