DINNER THREAD - 9/4/17 - 9/10/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 9/4/17 - 9/10/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
It's great having the 3rd person in house an adult, huh, Trixxee?? Smile Smile Smile

So simple, so tasty and does the house smell good - crispy, crispy skin treat, also. Smile

[Image: Sep%209%20Good%20Shit%20Chicken%20Breast...zfhvda.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes - and since he doesn't want to go, it'll cost that much less.  LOL.  He wants waffles and bacon.  Wink

The chicken looks perfect Jean.  Sometimes it's the simplest things that are the best.  I love crispy chicken skin.  Wink
This is my fifth attempt to post a message on here today. Hope this one takes!

Dinner tonight was Cuisine's Pork and Mushroom Stew.

Hope we hear from Labs soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'll add my hopes that Labs comes on to update! I hate that all of Florida will be dealing with this, but I am grateful we are no longer in the crosshairs of this thing!  Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Trixxee, what is machaca?

We didn't get lunch until 3, so we just had a Caesar Salad with grilled chicken.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
And Labs isn't on any other forums, etc. is he??

Good news for you Daphne, I've been tracking it as to your area. Hope you have dodged the bullet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/8/17??

What's for dinner today??

I'm with you,Daphne - about the Machaca. Sent me searching and I found an AllRecipes idea for it AND I have chuck roast pieces thawing to do something with - this is it. Sounds delicious!

AND, topping off the weekend - football season starts!! Smile  Our first game pits Mother against Daughter.... We play Tracie's Packers - there, darn it. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Machaca is a Mexican dish with shredded beef, onions, peppers and eggs.  It's basically a mexican scramble.  Beans and tortillas are great with it.  Would be a great way to use up some chuck roast Jean.  I just happened to buy the beef pre cooked (brand is Del Real).

I am doing a pork tenderloin recipe with a creamy sun dried tomato sauce.  I'd like to serve it over risotto like the picture but am just going to serve it over "riced" cauliflower and broccoli that I bought in the frozen veggie section.
I was curious about machaca as well, so went on a search. Sounds delicious. Trixxee, what recipe did you use or did you have it at a restaurant?

Tonight we are having eggplant parm, the good old fashioned way, with a side of angel hair.

ETA: We were posting at the same time, T. Thanks for the info on the machaca.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks for the info, Trixxe!

Yes, Jean, we may have dodged a BIG ONE!

Now we have a good stock of proteins and veggies.  Dinners in the next few weeks will be simple and easy, but they are ones we enjoy.

Tonight was Chili Dogs on top split Bunny Buns.  YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 9/9/17??

What's for dinner today??

I made a batch of Machaca yesterday, but got it going so late, I had to chill it until today - I'll shred it and put back in the jus for a little more cooking to blend it all today. Real intense flavors.
www.achefsjourney.com