OT: Irma update
  Re: OT: Irma update by labradors (So far, it doesn't l...)
Welcome home and back to your lives!!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Labs, I'm glad you made it through safely and got home quickly!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Labs, that's great news that you are back home and no damage.

My brother said that they lost power also, but that it was restored by late afternoon today. They also were fortunate to not have too much damage. The worst of it is a lot of debris from all the tree branches that came down.

A good friend of his was not as lucky. Alex lives on Marco Island and once the high winds kicked up, some trees fell and blocked the bridge, so he couldn't leave. They suffered extensive damage. On top of that, his wife was working in Fort Lauderdale for a few days and was not able to go home to what was left of it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sorry to hear about that, Maryann. It was really bad in that part of Florida. Up here, it wasn't as bad, but even so, Jacksonville got flooded. I'm sure we'll hear and see more today.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Music    Re: OT: Irma update by labradors (So far, it doesn't l...)
Labs I am so glad you and your Mom are OK!  I feel so badly for all those who had their lives uprooted.  My daughter left Fort Lauderdale Friday on an airplane bound for CA.  Bob's daughter and her family drove to Georgia, and her mother (Bob's ex) stayed put.  Peg (the ex) and her husband had their house retrofitted after one of hurricanes tore the roof off and they came through Irma undamaged!  A dear friend of ours from the marina I used to manage is unheard from in S. Carolina . . . . he lives in a trailer and we hope he had enough notice to get out of the way!

Daphne are you and your family going to be ok where you are?  These were such monster storms!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, we had minimal damage, but I have heard bad reports about the Charlesston area.
They supposedly had major damage.

Sorry no other details
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: OT: Irma update by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, we had minim...)
I'm glad you all are okay. I am going to keep trying to get ahold of Francois. I'll message his daughter if I don't hear from him soon.