DINNER THREAD - 9/12 - 9/17/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 9/12 - 9/17/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=large]Tu...)
Having my dad over tonight, so making Cuisine's German-Style Salisbury Steaks, along with the recommended side of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes & Parsnips. Also something green, maybe green beans...

Last night, I started a loaf of Rustic Rye Bread from the new issue. After the first rise, I put it in the fridge overnight. I don't have high hopes for this one at the moment. Probably should not have done that. It's as heavy as a door stop.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 9/12 - 9/17/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]T...)
I think tonight we'll have the leftover pork diced up and put in the Vietnamese Curry Rice. Some broccoli would be a nice go with.
Oh-oh. Just looked thru the new issue and there are a lot of recipes I'd like to make!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I was thinking the same thing, Jean. There were several recipes that caught my attention. Much more interesting than the last two.
Maryann

I picked up some smoked brisket and coleslaw since I was near that area of town.
We've had a stressful week.  Tonight is sausage peppers and onions in marinara.  Forgot the garlic bread, but we didn't need it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/15/17??

What's for dinner today?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Heather got us free tickets for this:
https://www.livenation.com/events/674764...c-festival

They have very strict policies about what you can take in now so we will probably buy something from one of the food vendors there. I've heard that they have really good food now.
Maryann

Wow - that sounds like a great time MA!

I am making chicken parm since there was some marinara sauce already made pulled from the freezer.  Heading to the store now to see what looks better - some type of veggie or a salad.
WILLIE???? Damnation!!! So envious. I just bought a cd by Toby Keith called, "The Bus Songs" - he spent some time on Willie's bus - Willie doing grass and Toby drinking hard stuff and they wrote 20 songs!!!!! I'm saving it for our next drive over to Seattle!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com