DINNER THREAD, 9/18 - 9/24/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 9/18 - 9/24/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/22/17??

What's on the menu for today???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are having beef fajitas with a little side dish of smashed pinto beans topped with cheese.
this 'Mexican in another life' sure approves of this menu, Trixxee!!! Smile Smile Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 9/18 - 9/24/17 by Mare749 (I never made the waf...)
Oh Maryann - the Reuben Pizza is soo good!  Now I want to make a corned beef!

Thursday I winged it.  An hour phone conversation with our old boss, and then a long phone conversation with our (hopefully) new co-workers.  Of course, all that talking makes you thirsty . . . lots of cocktails and some prep between the calls.  Did we want hamburger Stroganoff?  Did we want mushroom burgers?  We didn't have any french fries!  Mushroom Cheeseburger gravy over mashed potatoes with Swiss cheese.  

I'm hoping I can recreate it because it was awesome.  There was everything - onions, garlic, catsup, mustard, chopped bread & butter pickles, sliced mushrooms and halved cherry tomatoes.  The only thing missing was the lettuce and the bun.

I have to go down and put in an hour or so of work and then I'm coming home to do a lot of computer work that needs to be done for work.  I'll browse in the freezer for dinner tonight and get it in the sous vide.   I have some chicken breasts I will do in a Tandoori marinade, baked sweet potatoes with a Garam Maasal creme and a salad with cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.  We all go in for hairdos this afternoon so it will be nice to have dinner ready to go when we get home.
Oh, I know! I remember making the Rueben pizza! Yummy. I don't remember making the waffles though.

I had lunch out with my sister today, so probably won't want much for dinner except maybe a bowl of soup later tonight. I have some l/o beef stew to warm up for Ron. I added a little gravy to it and put it in my little crockpot to warm it up. Also have some l/o rice, so might put the stew over that if he wants it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
this dinner thread is one screwed up mess of lineage............but, only a couple days left of it so Tongue
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 9/23/17??

What's for dinner today?
www.achefsjourney.com
We're going out with friends tonight for dinner. Thinking about The Outback but not written in stone yet. We have a particularly good one right near our house.
Maryann

I'm sort of cheating.  I bought a package of frozen quinoa w/diced zucchini and sweet potatoes from Trader Joe's.  I'll top it with some sliced sauteed chicken breast.  I might toss it all with a little dressing of some sort - possible a orange juice/basil vinagrette.  I know I spelled that wrong!

Edited to add, I think there is an avocado ripe enough to use as well.
Wow, Trixxee, you sure are sticking with the healthy eating! Wish I could say the same. So need to get back on track...
Maryann