DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I have a basil plant from the grocery store that needs using so going to make a red thai coconut chicken curry recipe using up a lot of basil.  I didn't realized coconut milk is so low in carbs so I might just be stocking up on a few cans of it.

I may also be doing cauliflower rice to go underneath the curry.  Probably will as a matter of fact.
Sounds good, Sharon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We wound up having snacks for dinner since Tony had a big, late lunch out.   Will table that curry until tomorrow.
Maryann I keep forgetting about salmon patties.  Do you use fresh or canned?

Thank you, Jean.  The risotto was to die for.  I used crimini and oyster mushrooms.

Flank steak is in the "bucket"  I thought it was 2 small ones the way it looked in the package.  It is one HUGE one!  Salt & pepper only, we'll season based on whatever we decide to have as sides in the next hour or so.  I'm thinking Mexican.  I have corn on the cob, and poblano peppers . . . I'm feeling a theme here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
FRIDAY'S DINNER - 9/29/17
What's for dinner???

I've used both, Sharon. Didn't end up making the salmon patties after all. Had to take my dad to a doctor appointment, then we went out to eat at his favorite Chinese restaurant after that. Ron was on his own for dinner. He grilled some corn and a couple of hotdogs.

Not sure what we're having tonight. We just got into Greensboro, NC and spending the night to break up the trip. We are surrounded by many hotels and restaurants, so might go exploring. Right now we're having a cold one and might just walk over to Ruby Tuesdays. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann your trip sounds so wonderful!  

We had to go to the bank for work and since I had to put $$$ in the safe we stopped in the restaurant for a cold one and a snack.  Trash Can for dinner - Tater Tots, shredded cheese, bacon bits, scallions and we had blue cheese dressing.  OMG!  Burp!  I think that was dinner!  I probably should have skipped it because of breaded/battered foods having been fried in the oil first, but so far not obnoxious.
SATURDAY'S DINNER - 9/30/17

What's for dinner and where is everyone???

We are leaving Greensboro sometime this morning to head for the SC. Not sure what we'll have for dinner but I would be happy with a salad and a long walk on the beach.
Maryann

Have fun MA!  

We picked up some rock cod from Costco - hoping it's good.  It is one of my favorite local fishes when it's fresh.  Will just grill it on foil so it doesn't stick or slip through the grates, brushed with lemon garlic butter.  Have some brussels sprouts to use up and I broke down and bought a loaf of french bread to make Pioneer Woman's olive bread.  Haven't had it in months and frankly I'd rather have something like that than another starch such as rice or potatoes.
Absolutely agree with you, T! Olive bread, yum.
Maryann

Today was the Farmers' Market.  We found the most beautiful carrots and lots of goodies.  

Tonight was Sous Vide/grilled pork chops, baked sweet potatoes with Garam Masala Creme and Maple Harrisa glazed carrots.  I thought the idea of a carrot top chimichurri would be fun . . . Neither of us was crazy about it.  Oh well, now I know.  The carrots, sweet potatoes, and chops were wonderful!