DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (What's for dinner? ...)
WOW MARYANN!!!!

Way to go, Trixxee and Sharon!  I hadn't even notice, but then, I just got in the habit of remembering it's October recently!  Time is flying!!!!

We had Chicken Alfredo, but I have to brag on Ashley....Jean would be so proud!  They are doing pizzas, and one is the Truffle Pizza we did a while back.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
OMG Maryann!  That sounds amazing . . . OMG . . . even the way my gut feels right now I am drooling!

We didn't get to dinner tonight . . . I am back to where I was this summer.  Bob had leftover brats & kraut with cornbread.  I skipped.

Tomorrow tacos.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
You had me at moo shu pork, MA.  Wow.

I am making chicken cutlets with an almond butter sauce and more riced veggies.
We ordered pizzas tonight...long day running around in the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tonight was Fresh Chorizo & Potato Tacos, Hominy with red jalapeno, and refried sous vide pinto beans.  Garnishes - smoked salsa, red onion & cilantro with a bit of shredded cheese.  The tacos were amazing!  

Considering Mexican food is our favorite food this was a perfect anniversary dinner.  We are following it up with a bottle of Marques De Lares Cava . . .  and we had a toast to Jean and one to Roy.  Much love in the house tonight.
Aww, that sounds like a perfect anniversary dinner, Sharon! Happy anniversary to you and Bob, and wishing you many more happy years together!!

We ate so much this week that we are waddling. Had to do at least a tiny amount of damage control, so today we stuck to vegetable soup and salads, no bread, no goodies, no alcohol. Wish we could do this for a few more days, but my brother and sister-in-law are coming in from Florida tomorrow and we are hosting family dinner tomorrow night for 17.

Fortunately, I will have help. We are going to have grilled pork tenderloin, smoked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy for the non-risotto people, mushroom risotto, roasted vegetables, and fresh pineapple. My girls are bringing an assortment of dinner rolls and pastries from a good bakery. I'm still waiting for my UPS delivery of wine that is usually here by now.... Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Happy Anniversary Sharon! Those tacos sound amazing. 

Tonight it was Chinese almond chicken.
Happy Anniversary Sharon!

We are having grilled skirt steak, fajita vegetables, pinto beans and homemade guacamole.
Love grilled skirt steak, do you prepare it carne asada style?

Cheese burger and fries tonight.
Thank you all for the good wishes.

Maryann it sounds like you are going to be exhausted!  But it sounds like fun to get together with family.

I think tonight is going to be leftovers!  Dibs and dabs are lurking and need to be used up.  I think Jean would be disappointed in me  . . . I can think of no way to combine 3 or 4 bites of spaghetti squash, 1 little piece of chicken piccata, spaghetti & meatballs, and some Chorizo & Potato taco fixins into a cohesive dinner.  

Great to see you here Blane!  

For anyone interested - here is the recipe for the  Fresh Chorizo & Potato Tacos.  I used my food processor to incorporate the potatoes into the chorizo mixture, adding the whole potatoes a few at a time, scraping up the bottom of the bowl to keep the mixture uniform.  I fried it in "patties" because I didn't want to cook it all at one time.  I can see serving this with eggs on top for a brunch too!