DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (What's for dinner? ...)
Yes, Blane.  This happens to be the recipe I'm following this time.  The chimichurri sauce sounds excellent but I'm going to just stick with guacamole since I have 4 large avocados to use up before they are too ripe.  Next time I'll to the sauce.

http://www.feastingathome.com/grilled-st...rri-sauce/
Sounds delish, Sharon.  C @ H has a chorizo potato recipe that we've tried and loved (though I think your recipe looks better).
I have everything under control. Wink Should be a great evening! Speaking of Jean, I like to think that she has been in the kitchen with me today. Somehow, I have been at my creative best and not even grouchy.

Sharon, spaghetti and meatballs should never be turned into anything else, IMHO. Big Grin The chicken and spaghetti squash might be good on a crostini, and save your taco stuff for an omelet in the a.m. How's that?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (I have everything un...)
LOL Maryann! I do have some left over hominy and some refried beans. We also have a salad to go with. I may just stick to the salad!
Shooting for grilled shrimp over creamed corn from one of the weeknight menus.  I think for lunch there are enough ingredients here to make a cobb salad.
That sounds so good, T! You sure have been posting a lot of good sounding recipes lately.

We have just enough l/o from last night to have for dinner today, so I think we'll use that. My brother and sister-in-law are going with my sister today to visit my niece at her college. So, I think we're going to have a lazy day and rest up a bit.

Does anyone celebrate Sweetest Day?
Maryann

Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (That sounds so good,...)
I agree Maryann - that shrimp sounds really good! I just ordered the thumb drive and renewed my subscription! If we can manage to crawl out of our sweats and get to town to run our errands we are going to have a Stuffed Cabbage with Mushroom Gravy from an old Plate Magazine. It uses pork and there's no tomato product ( or kraut). We shall see! It's a miserable rainy day.
Are you getting all that rain that was predicted for the N.W.?

Any kind of stuffed cabbage sounds good to me. Let us know how you like it.

I hate to brag, but we're having the most amazing weather again this week! Low 70's and sunny. Windows are open and we're just hanging out in the backyard watching Charlie chase anything that catches his eye.
Maryann

Thanks for sharing that taco recipe Trixxee. Smile

Maryann, we're having record rains here. We will not see the 70's until next year. Sad

Tonight we have some family over for dinner, from issue 65, Norwegian meatballs with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Comfort food.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (Are you getting all ...)
Yeah, we're getting rain - lots of rain! Bob took me out to lunch and we just got home from errands. Dinner plans have changed. A big salad with cucumbers & tomatoes with falafel and a Greek yogurt dill & feta dressing. I will take Lactaid before dinner. We will be home all day tomorrow so stuffed cabbage will be tomorrow. Sigh I will let you know.