DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/16 to 10/22/17 by Mare749 (What's for dinner? ...)
WOW, I missed a lot!  LOL

We are having amazing weather here, also!  Sorry for missing yesterday's post, but I think Jean would approve.  LOL!

So yesterday got complicated!  We had Grilled Caesar Salad planned for dinner, but we had a camper pull in and have problems getting power.  After we got them hooked up, we sat down with a glass of wine.  William has accepted the help of another fellow camper and nephew of a close friend as a caretaker at the farm in exchange of being able to hunt there.  Win win for all.  He came over last night to discuss a permission form and Salted Carmel Crown Royal was poured.  Then the new camper came over to thank us for our help and enjoying sharing with new friends became more fun than eating! It was really crazy how much we all had in common!  It was the kind of night that Jean would have loved!

Anyway, the salads became lunch today, and classic burgers and twice baked potatoes were dinner tonight.  We took it easy today, so tomorrow will probably be busy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne, that sounds exactly like something Jean would share with us! So glad that staying in the RV park worked out for you. I forgot all about the farm! Yes, great idea to hire caretakers. Do you go to the lake house at all now?

I can't believe we are eating out again! LOL My brother and sister-in-law have invited the family to go out for dinner today to the Italian restaurant where we went for my dad's 90th birthday party. I think that Ron and I will share an order of chicken parm and get two salads.

Blane and Sharon, sorry about all the rain out your way. Stay safe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Grilled teriyaki thighs here, and some roasted cauliflower and carrots - not steamed.
I thought so, too, Maryann! Big Grin

Went to Myrtle to Camping World.  Our 30 amp hook up went out.  Although, Earl is fixing it today, we decided getting. 50/30 converter was a good idea.  Earl had one we are using for now.  My patio mats are so unraveled, I was afraid one of us would fall, so I picked up a couple of those.  While we were close to a Sam's Club, I decided to renew my membership and pick up a few things.  Meat prices are just ridiculous, so I'll be shopping at Sam's from now on.

That said, we are having our steak night tonight.
Daphne
French dips for dinner.
Daphne we have discovered that a motor home/RV is sorta like a boat - a big hole into which money goes!  LOL  But the people you meet in RV parks are, for the most part, wonderful and amazing people.  Camping World is a dangerous place.

My project today was the stuffed cabbage from a 2014 Plate magazine.  After making Sriracha candied bacon to go with our gluten free (King Arthur mix!  Heart) pancakes . . .  this just seemed to be a lot of work for "meh".  Ground pork, rice and pepper wrapped in cabbage leaves and boiled.  Meh.  The mushroom gravy recipe created nothing that looked anywhere near the photo.  My first Plate magazine fail.  Or, maybe I just prefer my usual stuffed cabbage with tomato juice and kraut.  Perhaps something besides minimal salt and black pepper - maybe some nutmeg?  

Confused
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon - was the bacon recipe from Valerie Bertenelli?  I know  I spelled that wrong.

I saw her show on Food Network Saturday morning and she was making something along those lines.  The bacon looked fabulous.
Hadn't thought about the parallel, Sharon, but I guess you're right.  We have been lucky with the RV so far.  Funny thing is that William is working on getting another boat!  But we love being on the water so much and we miss it! At this point, I'd say boats are are bigger holes, but we are relatively new at the RV ownership.
Daphne
Sharon, that Chorizo-Potato Taco recipe sounds right up my alley. Need to try it soon.

BTW, that makes me wonder: ARE there Yukon Gold potatoes any more? Around here they have some other "Gold" potatoes and I wasn't sure if they were a different variety or just a marketing ploy (e. g. when they call crimini mushrooms "baby bellas").
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Trixxee  here's the recipe for the Sriracha Candied Bacon.  

Last night I took the remaining stuffed cabbage and simmered them in a can of V8 and a jar of kraut.  Much better.  I put the leftover mushroom gravy and the leftover green beans & pearl onions together and that was a hit.  We loved the redo.  Leftovers!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!