DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 by Trixxee (What's on the menu f...)
This is what they look like, Daphne. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stehouwer-s-F...z/12444155

They are very thin and cook up in 3 minutes a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Interesting Maryann.  I'll ask Tony to look for them the next time he goes.  

I think I'm going to throw a salad together-  romaine, tomato, avocado, scallions, radishes, blue cheese crumbles and top it with a couple of sliced chicken tenders from Raisin Cains.
I'll have to look for those steaks.  They sound like an easy meal.

Last night was leftovers . . . I spent the day fighting to get some work done on the website and then continuing replacing all the glass jars on my spices with lightweight tin cans and labeling them.  Glass weighs so much and these little tins are perfect and stack & store so much better.  About the time we were getting ready for a pre-dinner cocktail we discovered another mouse incursion so had to stop and clean that up . . . grrrrrrrr.  New boss swears that there are no mice down there!  I am counting on it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Making just the pork roast part of THIS. Kitchen smells wonderful!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
What, no dumplings??? Big Grin

We are having a simple shrimp stir-fry tonight. Going out to a play later at a small community theater that we enjoy.
Maryann

Maryann, the dumplings that go with this are bread dumplings, not like "chicken and dumplings." Actually, they taste a lot like English muffins, so I'm going to have some of my English-Muffin Bread, instead of making the dumplings.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Tonight it's grilled swordfish steaks with a basil lemon compound butter and green beans with lemon zest on the side.  Might throw a sweet potato in the oven as well.
That pork roast sounds really good Labs.  

Last night was the final dinner service for the season at the on site Bar & Grill and the little gal that has been cooking & learning to cook prepared a homestyle Mexican dinner all from scratch!  Guess where we had dinner!  Ana and her boyfriend just bought the 5th wheel next to us and I am sad that we are not going to be neighbors for very long.  She is a sweet young lady and man can she cook!  

Tonight is going to be Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon, Thyme, Castelvetrano Olives, and Artichokes.  I'm going to sous vide the thighs first so that all I have to do is cook them to crisp up the skin.  Lisa gave me some beautiful basil so I think some pasta to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
That sounds so good Sharon, both your dinner tonight and the Mexican dinner you had last night. What did Ana make last night? I never know if the places we go for a meal are authentic or not.

I don't know what we'll have tonight. Might just order a pizza or Chinese food.
Maryann

Last night we were supposed to have steak night, but after all the traipsing back and forth between trailers, unpacking, etc.  I was pooped.  William had also picked up some cheeses, summer sausage, and crackers, so he snacked.  I had some leftover Hamburger Pie.  Tonight will be steak night.   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.