DINNER THREAD---11/13 to 11/19/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---11/13 to 11/19/2017 by Mare749 (What's for dinner? ...)
Jody came to the trailer last night to look over all the saltwater fishing ear gear we got with the boat from the previous owner......14 nice rods and reals, 2 down riggers, and enough tackle to open a tackle shop!  Jody is an expert offshore fisherman, so he wiil be a great mate for William to take out.  He stayed for leftover chili.

I forgot to wish Ron a happy birthday!  Happy belated birthday!

Sorry about the trailer problem, Sharon.

Trixxee, I had to add a station after my last visit.

Tonight is tomato soup and crackers....we had a big lunch.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
My husband loves to go to Walmart for staples, I'll add this to the list - thanks for the recommendation.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---11/13 to 11/19/2017 by Trixxee (My husband loves to ...)
You're welcome Trixxee. This stuff is so good that if we can't get it in Oregon we'll be buying on Amazon. Oh, and if he sees it - small bottles of their Awesome Sauce! Yummy
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---11/13 to 11/19/2017 by Gourmet_Mom (Jody came to the tra...)
Good going on the fishing gear. All of ours is in ND and now we're going to want it in Oregon. I'm not sure about our dinner now. We had lunch at Red Robin - they have a great gluten free bun and gluten free fries! I had my first gluten free burger and fries in ages! We are just not all that hungry tonight. The steaks will be fine for dinner tomorrow.
We have a Red Robin here, too. Haven't been there in a while, but they did have really good burgers as I recall.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I wish I had time today to make this but I don't.  Maybe over the weekend.  Planning on a chicken stir fry - veggies will be carrots, celery, asparagus and scallions to clean out the crisper drawer.

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/roasted-ca...ula-salad/
That salad sounds delicious!

I had a Thanksgiving lunch at Alyssa and Tommy's school today. Everything was homemade by the ladies in the kitchen and it was fabulous! Don't think I'll be very hungry for dinner today, so might just have some tomato soup. We have l/os from yesterday's dinner that I will warm up for Ron tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Our lunch ladies always worked really hard on the thanksgiving meal every year.  I always thought it was so sweet when parents and/or grandparents came to join the kids.

William only had a leftover biscuit this morning, but I didn't eat at all, so a pizza delivery as soon as we got home was in order!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Today was not a good day at work . . . and I was really looking forward to the steak dinner. 

Eye of round steaks were ok, more done than I wanted but tender and flavorful.  I tossed microwaved little potatoes in the browned butter from searing the steaks until they got crispy then into a bowl with stoneground mustard!  OMG - star of the meal.  Sauteed mushrooms completed the meal.  I had planned a salad . . . freaking mini-fridge froze the freaking lettuce.  We are buying a new mini fridge next week - grrrrrrrrr.

Let's all have a good day tomorrow!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Yes - hope everyone has a good day.  I get to go to the dentist for a deep gum cleaning.  Yay.  Sad

I am marinating half a flank steak I found in the freezer - just in soy sauce, honey, EVOO and I might throw a little balsamic in there.  With asparagus.  Might need to make something else like sweet potatoes because the steak really isn't all that big.