DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017

In honor of Billy J....What's for dinner Grandpa???

It's COLD and snowing here, so comfort food tonight. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and frozen mixed veggies. One of Ron's favorite meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 by Mare749 (In honor of Billy J....)
Panko crusted asian chicken and water chestnut patties, served over stir fried baby bok choy.

Meatloaf...sounds good!
Heart Heart   Salmon burgers, chipotle mayo, tomatoes, red onions and spicy sweet potato fries.  Unpacking and a crappy football game required an easy dinner.  We were remembering Billy this weekend - wishing we had moved here instead of ND.   Sad

Tonight was a Greek salad with home marinated artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, feta, cannellini beans, red onions & tomatoes on green leaf lettuce.  I used some glutino bagel chips for croutons and an olive oil vinaigrette.  It was a perfect light dinner.  

Tomorrow the boss is back from her vacation . . . hmmmmmm
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We had steaks last night....it was a frantic day at the office and I needed something mindless that William could do.  Tonight is ribs and steamed cabbage.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 by Gourmet_Mom (We had steaks last n...)
We cleaned up leftovers tonight. I think we are more conscious about our food waste.
We had pizza tonight, but I also roasted a pan of veggies so that I wouldn't just fill up on that and so that I would have some l/o for lunch tomorrow. I do this a lot in the winter, then use the l/o in omelets or warm them up and put in a pita with some melty cheese.

Tonight's assortment was zucchini, onion, red pepper, cremini mushrooms, carrots, and cauliflower, tossed with olive oil and sprinkled with Adobo seasoning, then roasted on a sheet pan in a 400 F. oven for 20 minutes. I was stunned when Alyssa actually ate a small bowlful along with her pizza. Smile
Maryann

Not set in stone yet but thinking about a cheesy cream of cauliflower soup recipe I came across that also has green chiles and bacon in it.
That sounds delicious, T. You sure do find some good sounding recipes! I have made a similar soup and we loved it. Never thought to put green chiles in it, but will try that next time. It's also tasty with a sprinkle of cheddar on top.

Not sure about dinner just yet. Ron is still on vacation, using up the last of it before the end of the year. So, meals have been more spontaneous rather than planned. He mentioned wanted pork chops, so he may make a trip to his favorite meat store. A baked sweet potato might be nice with that.
Maryann

I never thought to add green chiles to something like this but I'm thinking it might be brilliant.  Wink

Here is the recipe.  I'll report back on it.  I am definitely making it tonight.

https://kalynskitchen.com/low-carb-chees...top/print/
Trixxee, that recipe looks like something William would LOVE!  Can’t wait for your report!  That may be dinner tomorrow night at my house since we are going super protein with chili tonight!  So report early!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.