DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017 by Mare749 (Hey! l Where is ever...)
We had similar weather here, Sharon.  That inspired dinner....School House Soup.  It’s been a while!

Maryann, I’d like to see that recipe!  And we have been going to lots of different places lately so we won’t wear out Loco Jo’s.  So I didn’t know.  I can’t wait to try it!  But I guess it will be a few weeks, since the next two Mondays are holidays.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wow Ladies!  I'd love to see both those recipes!   We love Pho . . . had a favorite place in WA, now we have to find one here!

Tonight was a simple steak salad with the left over rib eye & Diane sauce.  Tomorrow's dinner is in the "bucket" . . . I can't wait.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Here you go. You can probably leave out the sugar if you don't want it to be so sweet, although in the few hours that mine was in the marinade, it did not make it overly sweet. Next time I will probably marinade it overnight. FYI, it did not pick up much heat from the red pepper flakes in just a few hours. We ended up putting Sriracha on it.

Spicy Chinese Pork Tenderloin

1⁄3 cup soy sauce
1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
2 Tbs vegetable oil
3 Tbs sugar
3 crushed garlic cloves
1 dash red pepper flakes, to taste
2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, about (not pork loin)
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄4 cup butter
6 green onions, green tops included, sliced into rings
hot cooked rice

1. In heavy duty freezer Ziploc bag, mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes.

2. Add tenderloins and stir to coat all over.

3. Seal and refrigerate at least 1 to 3 hours, turning bag over occasionally.

4. Preheat oven to 500°F.

5. Line small roasting pan with foil.

6. Spray a cooling or cooking rack with nonstick spray, and place on top of pan.

7. Place tenderloins on rack.

8. SAVE MARINADE.

9. Place meat in preheated oven.

10. Roast 9 to 10 minutes.

11. Turn and roast 9 to 10 minutes more.

12. Check temperature in thickest part of meat.

13. It should read approx 160°F.

14. Remove from oven, and allow meat to stand 8 minutes.

15. Meanwhile pour marinade from bag into saucepan.

16. Rinse the bag with the 1/2 cup of water.

17. Add to saucepan.

18. Bring to low boil.

19. Boil slowly for 5 to 6 minutes.

20. Right before ready to serve, add butter to sauce; stir.

21. Slice meat into 1/4 inch slices.

22. Place on hot rice.

23. Spoon marinade sauce over meat and rice.

24. Top with green onions.

25. Note: This can be cooked on the grill also.

26. Cook until temperature reaches 150 to 160°F.

27. You can also cook in oven for 6 minutes each side, and then toss on a gas grill for a few minutes for a outdoor flavor.

Source: Genius Kitchen
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Wow, everyone must really be busy today. It's so quiet around here.

Tonight I made a new recipe for egg drop soup from Pressure Luck. I think it's my new favorite. We also had Sizzler steak sandwiches and a small salad.

We were suppose to make the family fruit salad tonight, (in a 5 gallon container!) but we both ran out of steam. Guess it will have to be tomorrow night. Wink
Maryann

Thank you for the recipe!  It sounds really good, and thank you for the hints - Sriracha is my favorite sauce - period!

We just got done with dinner.  Sous Vide Lamb Spare Ribs, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash, and Butter Steamed Brocolli.  I made a "glaze" for the spare ribs from the jus left in the bags (minus the fat), Cherry/Blueberry/Pommegranite jam, and some raspberry vinegar and we smeared the ribs with that and Bob ran the Searzall over them again to glaze them.  OMG!  They were so good.  

We ordered these lamb spare ribs from D'Artagnan for our Anniversary present - time just prevented us from raiding the freezer until now - this might have been the absolute best lamb I have ever eaten.  Bob commented that even the fat was wonderful!  Burp.
Your welcome, Sharon. I'm going to put a lot more red chile pepper in the marinade next time.

The lamb ribs sound absolutely mouth-watering. We love lamb and that sounds like such a treat. Glad you enjoyed it.
Maryann

Oh wow, Sharon!  That sounds amazing!

Thanks for the recipe, Maryann!  You had me with the first two ingredients!

Last night we had Leftover soup.  Tonight is a tribute to Jean...Shrimp Scampi with a salad.

My School House Soup recipe is hard to explain, but I will try.  For every pound of hamburger, cook up with a diced onion.  Drain fat and add, two 28 ounce cans of veggie mix you like (we use Veg-All), a large bottle of tomato juice, and a little sugar (about 1/2 cup).  When William took over the soup, he added a packet of dry Italian Dressing mix.  Add salt and pepper along the way to taste.
Daphne
That soup sounds interesting Daphne.

Tonight we are having a Sonoma Flatbreads Gluten Free pizza.  Easy after a long day in town getting our Oregon ID/Driver's License, running errands and shopping.  

Oh - did I forget to mention Lunch?  Found a place called "The Deep End" in Newport.  We both opted for the GF Shrimp Tacos and OMG are we glad we did!  The restaurant is a seafood place with an amazing menu - but the head chef is Mexican and these tacos were the best restaurant food we've had since we've been here!  I have to say that under normal circumstances I abhor pineapple in slaw . . . in these tacos it was absolutely perfect with all the spice on the "grilled" shrimp.  This could become a regular spot for us!
Last night was 'tapas' night, dibs and dabs of l/os. We finished the fruit salad that I started in the afternoon, and made up cookie trays. I can't believe it, but actually don't have ANYTHING to do today!

No idea what we'll do for dinner just yet, but was thinking of doing something Italian, so might do a small lasagna from the Silver Spoon.
Maryann

Don’t you love it when you find a new great restaurant, Sharon!

Isn’t that a great feeling, Maryann?!?!?  I wrapped up all the Christmas Eve dinner groceries this afternoon.  All I need to do is make my crab dip tomorrow and put together the Charcuterie Spread.  Ashley is doing our Christmas Day meal.

Tonight, I picked up a large roaster, and I’m going to try the prepackaged mashed potatoes by Hormel.I have my reservations, but I was feeling lazy....LOL!  Peas on the side.
Daphne