DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017 by Mare749 (Hey! l Where is ever...)
Daphne, how nice that Ashley is making dinner for you! Have a wonderful time.

Dinner tonight will be at Holly's house. We all go to the Christmas Eve Children's Mass at 4:00, then over to Holly's for the evening. Everyone brings food, so it's quite a spread. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
You two sound so organized and your holidays sound so wonderful. 

We spent most of yesterday dealing with a very sick dog.  We are not sure what is going on - maybe his kidneys again?  Not feeling the Christmas spirit much here.  

Friday we got our groceries for tomorrow night's dinner.  Nothing fancy, it's just the two of us.  Karin & Bruce gave us a lovely little prime rib roast so we will have that,  I am still contemplating everything else.   Truffled Mac & Cheese seems to be on my mind - or some salt roasted little potatoes.  Veggies are still a question mark.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, I'm so sorry about your dog. Hope he is feeling better now. Your dinner sounds perfect.

We had a very nice Christmas Eve with our girls tonight. Unfortunately, things didn't work out as planned for tomorrow. So, we will be having dinner at home and my sister, her husband, and our dad will be coming over.
Maryann

Thank you Maryann.  He's much better this morning and getting better all the time.  Poor little ol'guy.  He is now on a very low phosphorus diet.  Breakfast was tuna mashed up in sweet potato, lunch was white bread moistened and broken up and mixed with more tuna.  We went grocery shopping for him tonight - sushi rice (!), yams, chicken thighs.  I'm so glad he's better!  Now to try to maintain his health!
I love the human style diet!  I hope he is even more better today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
So glad to hear that Opie is improving. Must be that all that TLC and good cooking. Smile
Maryann

He's probably 85% today!  Very perky and anxious for his breakfast!  I' think I prefer to feed him this way - it's a bit more work and probably a bit more expensive but at least I know what he's eating.
I'm thinking of taking Charlie off his dog food. He is so much happier when I give him something homemade. I just wish I knew how to give him a balanced diet for a dog, and how much to give him so that he doesn't get fat. He has always been a perfect weight and now that he is getting older, I want to make sure he stays that way because I think his back legs bother him.
Maryann

There are a lot of websites that have recipes for home made dog food.  Opie's recipes are for dogs that have kidney disease.  I am still researching quantities.  I know that he is so much happier with home made food.
Good to hear Opie is so much better!

We have always fed our dogs the food we eat and been very happy with their health, coat, and weight. Probably won’t work for all dogs, but our labs have always been very healthy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.