Happy 4th of July!

What's everyone got going on today?

We're going to stay home and take it easy.

Dinner is an easy one also, fried chicken, potato salad and corn on the cob.
  Re: Happy 4th of July! by losblanos1 (What's everyone got ...)
We have some leftover crab from last night I think I'll repurpose into something to go with a steak on the grill.  It's still a "work day" for me, sort of.

We'll drop the steak in the sous vide for a few hours, then toss it on the grill for a quick sear.  Salad (maybe with the left over crabmeat) and Bob's favorite horseradish mashed potatoes or some butter poached fingerlings.  I thought about some zoodles, just not sure.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We had a nice lazy day at home by ourselves. Our girls had their own plans and that was fine with us. Ron has been working long hours in high temps and needed a rest.

We had grilled pork steaks and Asian slaw for dinner. Binge watched Goliath and finished the series.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We had Terry Black brisket Eric brought on his last visit. We froze the leftovers.  omg! I don't know how Austin brisket can be that good!! They only salt and pepper it and slow cook about 12 hours.  I can't believe that much flavor developes in the beef brisket with so little added.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
We have done pork butt that way and the flavor was porkyier that we could believe.  Perhaps all the seasonings we usually use detract from the flavor of the meat and smoke?  It certainly was an eye opener.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!