Cooking Question Here For You Experts

Hey Everyone!

Long time, no post, but I drop by now and again to see what's out there.

I have a question.  Last night, I started making a baked teriyaki chicken dinner.  I think it was in the oven for about 10 minutes when emergency struck and I had to turn off the oven.  When the chicken cooled down (it was in Pyrex) my neighbor moved it to a container and put it in the fridge for me.  So it's probably not cooked all the way through.

I'm wondering, can I re-cook this or is it a total loss?  I know, yucky question but still...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Cooking Question Here For You Experts by BarbaraS (Hey Everyone! Lon...)
Good to see you here Barbara! Do you have an idea of how long it sat cooling?  If your neighbor got it in the fridge within an hour or so it should be fine to finish the cooking.

Please stop by and post now and then.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thanks Sharon!  Yes, it was put away within a half hour because the Pyrex wasn't too warm.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
HERE are the guidelines for cooling food. It sounds as though it was cooled in time, so it should now just be a matter of cooking it to 165F.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Thanks for posting that Rob. Those guidelines will keep us all safe. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."