Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?
  Re: (...)
There's cornbread muffins, fried pork chops, baked acorn squash, pickled beets, baked potatoes, creamed spinach with garlic and for dessert gingered lemon bars! Yum Yum!

What are you having?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by bjcotton (There's cornbread mu...)
Mmmmm, that sounds good! We just had split pea soup and the dinner rolls from Issue 50. Yum!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by TwilightKitten (Mmmmm, that sounds g...)
I'm serving pinto beans cooked all day in the crock pot with a big ole' ham bone, skillet cornbread, and spinach with hot pepper sauce! Ice tea on the side!! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Bizymomma (I'm serving pinto be...)
Have you tried diced jalapeno in the skillet cornbread Angela? Seed and devein it and then mince. Excellent flavor with very little heat.

Remember the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon cake? I'm making it Sunday for a dinner party on Monday. That cake is soooooooooo good!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Bizymomma (I'm serving pinto be...)
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, grilled sweet potatoes, grilled veggies, pickled onions, beets, and beans, nice cold white wine.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Lorraine (Fried chicken, mashe...)
Just finished the Orange Marsala Cornish Hens with green beans and Orzo. 'cept I used two leg and thigh quaters, one each, instead of half a cornish hen each. OMIGOSH, it was so good. This is about one of our favorite recipes now, any one of those three cornish hen dishes, but with the leg quarters, just right for two. Cold white wine, Widmere, Niagara. MMMMM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by farnfam (Just finished the Or...)
We had fish meuniere--a west coast sole prevalent here---served with baked potato with all the goodies and a green salad with garlic vinaigrette. Not a heavy meal--just perfect for the two of us. Dessert---some of that sinful cinnamon coffee cake. YUMMM!!!

Oh---and Billy---that cake is sooooo good. I can't wait to make it again--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by bjcotton (Have you tried diced...)
Hi Billy,
What is the source for the white pepper and ginger lemon cake? Sounds very interesting!
cheers,
sabine
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by bjcotton (Have you tried diced...)
Billy,
I've never used fresh ones that I can remember. I've made mexican cornbread but used pickled jalapenos! I'll give that a try next time!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper? by Sabine (Hi Billy,[br]What is...)
You're gonna love this one!!! Incredible and easy---also better the next day--be careful on the pepper though unless you like spicey!!! It's posted on one of the other threads---see if I can find for you and will get back!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy