A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham
  Re: (...)
I have experimented a lot with this recipe and I have found the simple recipe was the best. Hope you get a chance to try it some time.

My Ham Loaf recipe

2 pounds left over Ham / ground (I use my Kitchen Aid food grinder with the coarse plate)
1 pound fresh ground pork, unseasoned (I buy this at the store)
2 cups Frosted Flakes (measure two cups of flakes then crush to about ¼ inch size)
2 eggs
1 Cup milk
1 Tablespoon dry mustard,
3 slices caned pineapple
3 maraschino cherries
¼ cup packed brown sugar

In a Large bowl mix ground Ham and ground pork together. You want to keep the mixture lose, do not mix this like a ground beef meat loaf / keep it lose.

In another bowl combine brown sugar and dry Mustard. Then add to Ham and pork mixture. At this time add the Frosted Flakes to the loaf.

In a two cup measuring cup pore a cup of milk and add two eggs, mix slightly and add to loaf. DO NOT! Over mix this! You do not want this to be a tight mixture; it should be shaped in a loaf. But not packed tight in the pan.

Place 3 slices of pineapple on top and in the center of each pineapple ring, place a maraschino cherry.

Bake at 350° for 45 minuets to 1 hour

Bon Appétit
Kim
04/29/06
  Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by Guts (I have experimented ...)
Hi Kim, Y'know I saw some nice Maple Hams at the store the other day, and I was tempted but resisted because we're mostly just two and there'd be alot left over. Now I think you have given me the solution to that, so thanks!
Cynthia
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by farnfam (Hi Kim, Y'know I saw...)
Ooh, and if it has a bone, you can make split pea soup. Yum! I'm not a big fan of ham, but I make it just so I can get that bone for my soup!
Tammy
  Re: Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by TwilightKitten (Ooh, and if it has a...)
I love split pea soup, but it takes a hundred years to cook!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by farnfam (I love split pea sou...)
lol...it definitely takes longer than the 1 1/2 hours my recipes calls for! I have to leave on at least 3 to gets those darn peas soft enough!
Tammy
  Re: Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by TwilightKitten (lol...it definitely ...)
Nice recipe!!! Thanks. I use leftover ham in mac and cheese, or in Gougeres, or in Quiche Lorraine ( how apropos!) Or I freeze some to use in fritattas and omelettes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A Tasty and Q&E way to use left over Ham by Lorraine (Nice recipe!!! Than...)
We are told by some clever soul, that the definition of eternity is one ham and two people. Thanks for the recipe!