Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away!
  Re: (...)
I'm in the middle of mise en place for the Beer Braised Brisket and have no Red Wine vinegar...I DO have Champagne, Cider and White vinegars...can I sub one or a combination of those?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by bjcotton (I'm in the middle of...)
I found this:

Apple cider vinegar is a suitable and economical substitute for red-wine vinegar. You can also turn it into red-wine vinegar by adding ½ cup leftover red wine to a quart of cider vinegar.

I hope it helps!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by TwilightKitten (I found this:[br][br...)
Thanks TK. I didn't know that.
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by vannin (Thanks TK. I didn't...)
Thanks Tammy. I subbed half cider and half balsamic vinegar. Thanks for your help. It's in the oven now for it's first 1 1/2 hours of braising.

Billy
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by bjcotton (Thanks Tammy. I sub...)
ME TOO!! I can't wait! I'm going to fix last weeks lasagna tomorrow! I'll be caught up! LOL I can't stand to be behind.....
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by Bizymomma (ME TOO!! I can't wa...)
Mine's in the oven for the first 1 1/2 hours too....ummm, I think we're going to be eating really late! Maybe I'll just reheat it tomorrow. I'm so dumb...I didn't realize it was 1 1/2 hours per side!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by TwilightKitten (Mine's in the oven f...)
I have a bad habit of doing things like that Tammy. As a matter of fact, today I did the bacon, removed it and put the veggies into the hot fat instead of the meat...had to take it out, then I dumped the watered down bacon fat. Luckily I keep bacon fat in the fridge, so I melted some more and browned the meat.

Yesterday I made a carrot cake for dessert to go with the meal today. Had to change the spinach..realized my sis doesn't like Parmesan, so I made Creamed Spinach with Garlic.

Billy
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by bjcotton (I have a bad habit o...)
Ack! I forgot all about dessert! lol...and the raspberry cheesecake brownies I wanted to make have to be chilled overnight! Grrrr!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by TwilightKitten (Ack! I forgot all ab...)
Seems we all having bumps in the road this time. Our good friend was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor. We found out earlier this week ane were devastated. We were just about to start on the brisket when they called and asked us to come over fora spur of the moment BBQ dinner and a visit. Of course we went over immediately. So the brisket is still in the frig waiting for a enuff time to be cooked. Looks like I'm going to be behind in my report.
Cynthia
  Re: Re: Emergency, Dr. Bombay, Come Right Away! by farnfam (Seems we all having ...)
Cynthia,
Sorry to hear about your friend.... That's tough.
Fix the brisket when you can, you won't be sorry!
Loving every moment of my life!!