Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea...
  Re: (...)
In the thread re Enchilada sauce, barbrainnc posted a great sounding sauce and filling - and I suggest the below - what do you all think??

"My this sounds so good and it's been ages since I've made enchiladas...idea forming here!!!

With Cinco de Mayo coming up - what about making this our next dinner menu??? I'm sure everyone has their favorite Margarita to make, but I'll also post our favorite?

What do you all think??

Second idea here - I'm getting a little confused on Dinner numbers, what about changing it to (say this next one coming up) Dinner of May 8th - the title of the review date??? If that sounds confusing to others, we can just leave as is. "

Anxious to hear - C de M is one of my favorite days!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by cjs (In the thread re Enc...)
For those of us that are TOTALLY ignorant---could you please explain what the heck Cinco de Mayo is---

And I agree with the posting header--is getting a little confusing if not following on a daily basis--please be kind to us old folks, people!!

Billy--NO PROBLEM---we all have to learn somehow
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by cjs (In the thread re Enc...)
Hey! This sounds right up my alley! We could do Cinco de Mayo every day, okay cinco days a week! This sounds like fun. I'm dying to play in my new Rick Bayless.

I like the idea of posting the dinner with the critique date as the title -- keeps it in the front of our minds.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by Roxanne 21 (For those of us that...)
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England.
In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico,
which was to be the next port of call for the great ***** after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.
But as we know, the great ***** did not make it to New York.
The ***** hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise,
and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss.
Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,
which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th
and is known, of course,
as
Sinko de Mayo
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by Guts (Most people don't kn...)
Well, I'll be damned...this could make me a history buff!!! Right on, guts...I thot having a friend named 'bubba' was the end all, but now here we have 'guts' - who'd a thunk it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by cjs (Well, I'll be damne...)
CUTE GUYS!!!! REALLY CUTE!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by Roxanne 21 (CUTE GUYS!!!! REAL...)
LOL...loved the "sinko de mayo"!!
It's considered a Mexican holiday to celebrate their independence and victory of war against some French guys! My spanish teacher said that Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here in the US more than in Mexico...hince, we Americans are always looking for a good excuse to party!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by Bizymomma (LOL...loved the "sin...)
I love that story. I shall repeat it. What a prosaic litle detail to know about the Titanic. Far better than knowing the elephant is the only quad with 4 knees, which is what makes their walk so graceful.
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo Coming - Idea... by Bizymomma (LOL...loved the "sin...)
That's any excuse for manditory tequila consumption. Teehee! Oh heck, who needs an excuse!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!