Salad dressing
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a recipe for a good lemon-garlic salad dressing?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Salad dressing by Bizymomma (Does anyone have a r...)
One of my most loved dressings is one tin of condensed sweetend milk, malt vingar, and English dried mustard powder. Colemans in the yellow tin. Condensed milk, Highlander, if you can secure it. Taste to get your proportions right, for you, I love it. But seldom make it now, all those 'other' ones have taken over. Kids love it, even if the Colemans is a little enthusiastic. Or even the vinegar. It is the Highlander that carries it through. I must start doing it again. It goes so well with the salads my grandmother gave me. And which I do still.
  Re: Re: Salad dressing by vannin (One of my most loved...)
It is not elegant, as we see it, but it is enchanting. A 'comfort' dressing if you like. I expect many things could be added, we never did but we didn't have the additives. No, thats not right, we did, but we didn't know what they were. Bell peppers were grown ornamentally, but they became missiles for the boys of that era. My uncles. But that was a long time ago, 1915-20 or so. In any event nothing much than plain food was available then. Or used. Nanna had salt and pepper. She had nutmeg and cinnimon. Rice was never used. But we did have mashed dry pumpkin with a dollop of butter and a memory of nutmeg. It was so good. As was the food in general from that time.
  Re: Salad dressing by Bizymomma (Does anyone have a r...)
This is the dressing that goes with the Ceasar Asparagus. It is not a creamy/mayo dressing. Very lemony and garlic. YUM! Might be what you are looking for.

Dressing
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese -- Grated
1 Teaspoon GarLic -- Minced
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon splenda or sugar
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.