Creamy Gorgonzola????
  Re: (...)
Those sandwiches in the current issue look soooo yummy. I would like to fix the one that's on the cover. The recipe calls for "creamy gorgonzola" and I can't say that I've ever seen that?!? I can purchase regular gorgonzola, but I've never seen anything that was labled "creamy." Anyone know?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Creamy Gorgonzola???? by Bizymomma (Those sandwiches in ...)
Can't help Angela, we have a cheese manufacturer down the road a bit who produces wonderful stuff, but not that. I adore his carraway seed, and blues. Come to think of it I adore all his cheeses. It is ever so easy to make up a fantastic cheese thingy. I use my metre long oval, and pile it up with cheese (amazingly);Þ pickles various, beir sticks and other sausage, pates, fruit, herb butter, unsalted butter, Chutneys, and anything else that takes my fancy. French bread sticks, and we just sit around it and pick for hours. But you need a few people to do it justice. Creamy gorgonzola has never featured though.
  Re: Re: Creamy Gorgonzola???? by vannin (Can't help Angela, w...)
Ang, I Googled and found this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CR3...&n=3370831
At least you can see what it looks like and read a description
Cis
Empress for Life
I would just get a creamy blue cheese dressing (good quality) and whisk in some gorgonzola crumbles for effect.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Angela, I'll bet if you talk to someone in the deli section of your grocery store, they can lead you to it or order it for you. Have you checked labels yet? It's like Asiago, you can get softer and harder - also when no one's looking, squeese the pkg., maybe it is soft and not labeled too well.

Otherwise, I'd also just go with the ideas of crumbling it as much as possible and adding bits of bleu cheese dressing to get the creaminess.

Now, I'm really anxious to get home - these recipes from the new magazine are driving me crazy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creamy Gorgonzola???? by cjs (Angela, I'll bet if ...)
I picked up some Gorgonzola and Almond Paste Dip today..oh yum. We usually buy Bernstein's Bleu Cheese salad dressing. It's really good and has some nice chunks in it.

I've only tried Asiago one time...would anyone like me to tell them what I thought it tasted like? No? I didn't think so
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy