Chocolate Nachos
  Re: (...)
Has anyone else made them from the Weeknight Menus magazine? I made them last weekend at my sisters. I had lots of fresh berries and cream left from her birthday party. It was dead easy, thank goodness, because we were dead on our feet from her birthday party the night before. But more importantly, it was fun. It's one of those desserts that people don't expect, and they laughed when I brought it in. I think this is one that kids would just love. OK, adults too. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Chocolate Nachos by Lorraine (Has anyone else made...)
Not all of us have received the Weeknight Menus yet Sweetie, how about sharing the recipe?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Chocolate Nachos by Lorraine (Has anyone else made...)
Have to say would be definately different Lorraine. But why not?
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by bjcotton (Not all of us have r...)
I second that!!! Haven't received that yet either even though I ordered MONTHS ago---not fair!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by Roxanne 21 (I second that!!! Ha...)
..guess I'd better be thinking on ordering this. You go to the opening page of c@h, right? another vote for you posting it, Lorraine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by cjs (..guess I'd better b...)
Here is the recipe. My keyboard is acting up, so please forgive any typos.

Chocolate Nachos
Makes 24 "Chips", 1/2 cup sauce
Total Time: 30 minutes

Brush, Sprinkle and Toast:
2 T Unsalted butter melted
3 flour tortillas (7-8")
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar

Heat; Stir in:
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Assemble:1 kiwi, peeled ad diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup strawberries, diced
1/4 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
sweetened whipped cream

Preheat ovent 400 degrees
Brush both sides of tortillas with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut tortillas into eights, place on a baking sheet, and toast 10 minutes, or until crisp.
Heat cream in microwave until steaming. Pour over chocolate chips and let stand 2 minutes. If necessary, microwave for 20 seconds to fully melt chocolate. Stir in sugar until belended.

Combine Fruit. Assemble nachos with a layer of "chips" add fruit mixture, then top with whipped ceam and coconut. Use sauce as a dip or to drizzle over individual portions.

Tip - Stack the prepared torillas together to cut easily into wedges. Do this before toasting them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by esgunn (Here is the recipe. ...)
Thank you, Erin. Those look REALLY yummy---can't wait until hubby returns so I can try it----copied, pasted and printed as we speak!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by Roxanne 21 (Thank you, Erin. Th...)
Thanks friend 'anon' for bringing this up - I'd forgotten all about it. Have not made it yet - has anyone other than Lorraine?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by cjs (Thanks friend 'anon'...)
Rut Oh..looks like Jean's talking to herself again...
  Re: Re: Chocolate Nachos by DFen911 (Rut Oh..looks like J...)
I had forgotten about this one. Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.